cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Select packages ending in October 2019?

9 REPLIES 9
Showmaxed

Re: Select packages ending in October 2019?

@Insidus wrote:

The Portuguese package is also getting discontinued...

Very unlikely! Supply a link to an official announcement or stop spreading rumours.

@Insidus wrote:

...it doesn't come as a surprise since their channels are available on Compact.

Definitely a false statement.

There was a mistake with that made a few months ago, nothing more.

Much of the rest of the post is wrong as well but not bothered to comment further.

@Mods  - do your job please, these threads need to be answered and you know it.

For instance - there's another thread suggesting that the Indian package will change, why no answer???? What will your bosses say if they find out how badly you do your jobs here??

But since they're hardly answering anything again, maybe let's all just presume that this forum is being abandoned by MC...

Doccie

The Portuguese package is also getting discontinued it doesn't come as a surprise since their channels are available on Compact. KykNet sister channels are available on the FAMILY PACKAGE. I don't know why people ignore that package but its definitely on Family not everything is on Compact and I'm still shocked the package was around I was told years ago that the package was replaced with DStv Access and Easyview even when I wanted to opt to Select I was told it had already gotten discontinued and yes I was in South Africa at the time. 

New poster

Kyknet on CH144 is not included in Compact. Please can pressure be put on DSTV to add this as this is the only channel I really want to watch - otherwise Afrikaans people will now be forced to subscribe to Compact Plus @R519 per month! Rip off!

New poster

The time they introduced Family they said Select viewers weren't gonna be forced to move 

Showmaxed

@Biltongboer  , change of circumstances;

Apparently Marietjie Groenewald left MC months ago :-o

So suggest you call 011 289-3000

press 0 - then wait for ages

then ask for someone senior in corporate communications

Highlighted
Doccie

Thanks Optimist for the support.

Will post progress.

HD awesomeness
Showmaxed

Wow MC, hopefully a mistake, else how do you think you're going to get away with this?! You would surely have to add on those channels for those still requiring them, or end up in really hot water.

But @Biltongboer  (our old friend Johan), this forum is just staffed by juniors so don't expect much more feedback here. Suggest you phone in and try get someone senior, like our old forum mod Marietjie, to try address this directly for you.

Please do post your progress though, we're all very interested to see what happens.

Doccie

Hi 

HD awesomeness

Hi @Biltongboer, The Select 1 and 2 packages will be discontinued. Customers on these packages need to move to our other packages by the 15th of October. You can move to either DStv Premium, Compact Plus & Compact where your channels will be included.

Doccie

Select packages ending in October 2019?

Good day.

Can one of the mods please confirm what is happening with the select packages.

Giving the select customers the family package won't cut it.

So please confirm the details of the change in October 2019.

Thank you.

Johann

HD awesomeness