Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Select packages ending in October 2019?

17 REPLIES 17
an3
New poster

Re: Select packages ending in October 2019?

Hi Itshizane,

I suggest that you get a response from someone higher up.  DStv Family does not include channel 144 (Kyknet).

Breach of contract is regarded in a serious light.

Do not underestimate the resolve of your customers (remember Steve Hofmeyer?)

Hi @an3, please see feedback below:

"The customer needs to select an alternative package they would like to move to, their funds will be credited towards that package. There will be a shortfall though in the instance that a more expensive package is selected.

If they have not made a selection they will be migrated to the DStv Family package and their credit will not be impacted as that package is R265 per month"

Viewer

Dit is juis die probleem. Op ʼn pensioen inkomste soos myne, kan ek nie opgradeer soos julle voorstel nie.

Wat nou?

Hi @an3, we're checking, we will get back to you with feedback.

an3
New poster

Hi,

I am a select 2 customer, paid up till March 2020, and if my service is prematurely discontinued I am going viral and I am taking Dstv to court for breach of contract.  I only joined this community because my request for a win-win solution was ignored by Dstv.

Maybe Itshzane or Grace can see a way forward and advise.

Showmaxed

I've now heard from a supervisor. This is more likely to be true, but @ltshizane_DStv1  or @Grace_DStv1  or another Mod, please can you try to confirm.

The Portuguese Package is NOT being discontinued.

What they're apparently doing is stopping the option to add it on to one of the other packages, IOW it can only be subscribed to now by paying its full price.

This also applies to the Indian Package.

This takes effect from sometime in October.

There was no info given about how this may affect those who already have one of these packages as an add-on.

There was some uncertainty about the details, which is why I'm asking for confirmation.

As to why this hasn't been announced in MC's news section - it looks like that's become a gossip section only...

Showmaxed

@Insidus  , being firm about not wanting rumours stated as facts here is not impolite, it would be a big change and so is an unlikely conclusion to post without backup.

However, if wrong it's now clearly MC's fault (mistake made by the Mod) so my apologies for being sharp-tounged.

Thanks for trying to confirm, but I suspect from the wording that the Mod may have answered it wrongly or without reading it properly - would be very typical of this company's staff. Again, is there any official link to such an announcement?

What we need is certain confirmation... not sure why MC isn't bothering to answer us here now though.

BTW, important announcements are normally made here: https://www.dstv.co.za/whats-on/news/

Doccie

@Optimist wrote:

@Insidus wrote:

The Portuguese package is also getting discontinued...

Very unlikely! Supply a link to an official announcement or stop spreading rumours.

@Insidus wrote:

...it doesn't come as a surprise since their channels are available on Compact.

Definitely a false statement.

There was a mistake with that made a few months ago, nothing more.

Much of the rest of the post is wrong as well but not bothered to comment further.

@Mods  - do your job please, these threads need to be answered and you know it.

For instance - there's another thread suggesting that the Indian package will change, why no answer???? What will your bosses say if they find out how badly you do your jobs here??

But since they're hardly answering anything again, maybe let's all just presume that this forum is being abandoned by MC...

You don't need to be impolite here's my proof since you think I'm spreading fake news

Showmaxed

@Insidus wrote:

The Portuguese package is also getting discontinued...

Very unlikely! Supply a link to an official announcement or stop spreading rumours.

@Insidus wrote:

...it doesn't come as a surprise since their channels are available on Compact.

Definitely a false statement.

There was a mistake with that made a few months ago, nothing more.

Much of the rest of the post is wrong as well but not bothered to comment further.

@Mods  - do your job please, these threads need to be answered and you know it.

For instance - there's another thread suggesting that the Indian package will change, why no answer???? What will your bosses say if they find out how badly you do your jobs here??

But since they're hardly answering anything again, maybe let's all just presume that this forum is being abandoned by MC...

Doccie

The Portuguese package is also getting discontinued it doesn't come as a surprise since their channels are available on Compact. KykNet sister channels are available on the FAMILY PACKAGE. I don't know why people ignore that package but its definitely on Family not everything is on Compact and I'm still shocked the package was around I was told years ago that the package was replaced with DStv Access and Easyview even when I wanted to opt to Select I was told it had already gotten discontinued and yes I was in South Africa at the time.