Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Childish awards CAN be removed

Red Carpet

Re: Childish awards CAN be removed

Thank you much appreciated!  

Aside:

My grandson is spending two weeks with us --- he has Mumps and there is no one available to look after him. He brought his Sony Playstation with him. And that thing is full of these "rewards".

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

Thank you. A fair effort in the end MC.

Perhaps anyone else so concerned should add their names here, or send a PM.

I would further suggest that any other "awards" which end up having practical purpose, if they currently exist, be "awarded" now so that we may be less handicapped in our needs to communicate with MC and fellow Forumites over the serious subjects of concern here.

Hi @Optimist , we've done some work on your profile and assigned the no gamification role and no rewards role. Please let us know if you come across any issues, we've done the same for @GeoffD .~

Showmaxed

*BUMP*

The procedure mentioned in post 1 is a basic one, we should have had feedback by now please.

And a reminder that the concept of being told to earn awards on a service provider's platform is considered insulting to many, I'm sure not just to "old school" Forumites.

I've never seen such nonsense or such a cheek on any other forums I visit...

If no decision is received by month end, my permission to use my identity for experimenting is then cancelled.

(But my insistence about having awards / rewards removed is permanent.)

Red Carpet

Please go ahead MC

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

I presume GeoffD has now agreed, he just gave me a kudo here. I think presume Jan as well. Unless more is posted by tomorrow morning.

I'll take responsibility.

It would be great if Jan and Geoff helped with the testing as well.~ 

Showmaxed

Go ahead, I will always cooperate with positive change.

Thank you for taking us seriously.

Do you want Jan (he merely kudoed) & / or Geoff to consider helping as well?

Highlighted

Hi @Optimist, we will look into this option for users who do not want to be part of the ranking system, can we use your profile as a test this?.~

Showmaxed

No response, and this one can't be blamed on Lithium - here's proof again that MC aren't interested in their public, just manipulation.

They're hoping we'll go away, replaced by sheep.

This forum is already a ghost town and will remain that way. The Mods have a considerate attitude, but this place is only really useful for content announcements.