Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Community sign in problems

Highlighted
Action

Community sign in problems

A new issue noticed over the last few days.

The community no longer keep you signed in and some or other time out has been implemented.

Octo LNB - 2 x splitters - 2 x [2 x 6]MS's, powered by SD PVR PSU -  UEC 4T HD PVR and PACE 4T HDPVR
12 REPLIES
Telenovela

Re: Community sign in problems

I haven't had this problem.  I've been using two different machines and I've remained signed in on both of them.

Action

I experienced this a while back but not since I started ticking the keep-me-signed-in box on the logon screen. Will have a look today though.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora1 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

@GeoffD, please check if you don't have the "keep me signed in" tab just below your username and password. 

Action

Really!  By now you should know that I don"t report things until I am sure there is a problem. Of course I have checked that box is there and ticked!  I have been at this game long enough.

Octo LNB - 2 x splitters - 2 x [2 x 6]MS's, powered by SD PVR PSU -  UEC 4T HD PVR and PACE 4T HDPVR

Hi @GeoffD, if you are not doing anything to explicitly delete cookies (clearing cache, setting browser to clear cache on closure, running a cleaner like ccleaner, etc.) you should be logged in when checking the "Keep me signed in" box.

Inactivity time would not override that, it's just the timer that logs the user out after inactivity. If you were using "Keep me signed in" and hit the inactivity timer, your session would end but visiting the community again or refreshing the page would log you back in automatically.

If you aren't performing an action that wipes out cookies and you still have to manually log back in, that's something we’d have to run through with the support team to figure out what's going on.

Action

None of the other sites I sign in to are affected.  This is just another example of bad coding affecting users of MS Edge as a browser ........  And it is a new thing that has happened recently.

And no, not doing anything to clear caches etc.  As I said, I have been at this a long time .....

Action

It's happened to me 3 or 4 times as well on this community forum, and nowhere else. How and when appear random and there's nothing I'm doing that could cause it. I'm using Firefox.

That's all from me on this.

Action

There is a setting on our profiles called "auto sign in options" that is broken. I compared the code on the Lithium Community with the code on this Community and even a superficial comparison clearly shows why we are having these problems.

It was probably triggered when I actually had a look at that setting.

So a warning to others AVOID even looking at that setting, it triggers off this behaviour, just leave well alone.

If you do inadvertently trigger this error, the only way to fix it is to deliberately disable auto sign in and then sign off, clear the local cache, and then sign in again from scratch.

This is the second example of an issue between tick boxes and global profile settings I have come across, that do not work properly.  If the global profile settings are enabled, the associated tick boxes on the relevant pages break down and don't work properly. The boxes are simply ignored after the global setting is invoked.

I cannot say if this issue affects all browsers or if it is onlt affecting some browsers.  The issue definetely affects MS Edge.

Hi @GeoffD - The support team is looking into these settings/options to find out if this is affecting certain or all web browsers.