Need help?

DSTV Now endless buffering.

12 REPLIES 12
BMW
New poster

Re: DSTV Now endless buffering.

@Luke7777 wrote:

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

Hi Guys, This is a known issue and our platforms team has a plan to address it. Apologies for interrupting your viewing. We'll keep you updated on the outcome. 

Been hearing that for some time now... 

DSTV Now is rubbish. Cannot watch for 10 seconds without it buffering 😠

BMW
New poster

DSTV Now is rubbish. Cannot watch for 10 seconds without it buffering 😠

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

Hi Guys, This is a known issue and our platforms team has a plan to address it. Apologies for interrupting your viewing. We'll keep you updated on the outcome. 

Been hearing that for some time now... 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode

Doin' it 4 Tv

If I were you, I would try and post this in the DStv Now forum ... better chance of getting seen over there. Not that it's going to help much.. since MC will never admit to them having a problem with CU buffering on the Explora. Good luck ...

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
New poster

Hi, do you still have this buffering problem, mine started last week, can’t watch any Catchup. I did the line speed test, looks fine. I’m using a Samsung Smart Tv with a fixed wireless modem, which has a cable plugged into the tv. I’m able to watch ytube on the tv. Strange thing is I can watch catchup on my phone or iPad using the wifi.

Where do I go to to sort it out. 

Red Carpet

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

Please use this link to test your peak time speed and off-peak: https://fast.com/
Try to screengrab them and send them to us with the device ID that you are using and the speed of your internet connection.

How Ironic. Use a speed test hosted by Netflix to try and pass the buck! Man Surprised

and the post editing facility is broken this morning!

And BTW this speed test hosted by netflix thinks everyone in PTA East lives in Dullstroom ...

and I get pretty good results for a 2 Mbps ADSL line on ASSIA!

(but really sh!tty latencies!)

Capture.JPG

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

What I cannot understand is why would you ask me to do a Speed Test when I told you that all other streaming services are working perfectly and in HD. If there was a problem with my internet connection I would be having issues with ALL streaming services not just DSTV Now.

New poster

No I won't be doing that as I and many other subscribers have provided that information many times to MC. It's a complete and utter waste of time. The issue is on your end not on mine. This problem has been going on for YEARS. I was told by one of your colleagues that the problem was due to MC not having the correct infrastructure in place but that you were working on it. This was more than two years ago. It seemed to get better but we're back to where we started it seems.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Please use this link to test your peak time speed and off-peak: https://fast.com/
Try to screengrab them and send them to us with the device ID that you are using and the speed of your internet connection.