Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Forum's Help section

31 REPLIES 31
Red Carpet

Re: Forum's Help section

Okay I see what the "help" issue is. Confirm it is a core software issue then as the same happens on the Lithium site.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

The image is approved. Apologies for the delay.

Showmaxed

BTW, why has my new in-post pic above been approved but not Geoff's one??

Hell, this company does strange things...

Showmaxed

@GeoffD wrote:
Asfar as the "help"not being available, I cant really see what the issue is if it only affects "Guests" or persons not logged in and therefpre registetred, except, it does not promote the forum and encurage guests to register maybe? 

It's the opposite Geoff - those not logged in can find Help easily, in two visible places, it's (some) logged-in Forumites who must search for it.

Forum - need-help link.jpg

Red Carpet

Grace, sent you a PM did you see it?

So this is the issue then, We don't have a consistent way in which a "dropdown menu" is defined in the code. That is why some of us think the facility does not work.

Incidently, this is the same on the Lithium Community as well, so this is an issue in the core software.

Even if clicking on a button or Menu indicator (as indicated by this Mouse icon I presume)Pointing Hand.png

and picking up a "dropdown" menu does not mean hover will  work. Is there any point in me proceeding with posting screenshots of examples if the code writers already know this?

As far as the "help"not being available, I can't really see what the issue is if it only affects "Guests" or persons not logged in and therefore not registetred, except, it does not promote the forum and encourage guests to register maybe? 

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

Thanks @Grace_DStv1 , I do realise that many staff are trying here, despite the negatives.

@Optimist - your concerns and issues are noted and taken seriously, hence we do come back with more questions to assist with investigations and provide feedback when received. 

Showmaxed

My first response paragraph above was edited for clarity.

Just want to add a general comment - so often responses from MC are defensive and self-justifying, what customers want to hear is that their concerns are understood and that at least new thought is being applied to the issue.

Thanks

Showmaxed

Thanks Grace & developers.

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

1- "Dropdown" will be enabled only for "menus" on community page, and having said that, "help" is not a menu so it doesn't gives the mouseover functionality.

Perhaps better wording should be chosen for these answers - the avatar menu is also found on the community page. And the other menus that were being discussed that do work with mouse-over are NOT on the community page.

Agreed that "help" should not be a menu item, but it certainly is - the avatar menu is a... menu.

And since this is the main concern of this thread, let me make a suggestion - put a copy of the "help" link at the base of the forum pages, then at least everyone will find one or the other.

Hi Folks, sending all these issues through to support to look into.

Below is feedback from the support team.

1- "Dropdown" will be enabled only for "menus" on community page, and having said that, "help" is not a menu so it doesn't gives the mouseover functionality. 
So if we check this going on "options" in discussion tab, it is working perfectly fine since it has been defined as dropdown menu in the code.
2- Coming to "help not appearing after login", it is actually same on core. As I tested this on our core, I found that, it has been like that. Once we login to community, help will only appear when we click on avatar.