cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Forum's Help section

Showmaxed

Re: Forum's Help section

Not a direct fault with Preview, I'm wondering if it may be "encouraging" the auto moderator to step in early...

Just want to end by saying it was good to see the Mods & developers' efforts to establish comms here today, but your bosses have messed too much up IMO. Still, all the best with making it work as best as you can.

Red Carpet

I never had any hassles with the Preview function while posting. I DO have hassles with the autosave functionality, which gets in my way quite often. I wish there was a setting that we could specify as to the timing when the autosave kicks in.

Again, this might have been a browser specific issue with Preview.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

@GeoffD wrote:

What got Fixed?

The "PREVIEW" option while busy posting. I think it's maybe complicating things if used.

@GeoffD wrote:

The Spam Flood controlissue is still a problem.

Absolutely. IMO it is the priority 1 thing that needs fixing on this forum, and there's no reason for it anyway as we have NEVER had spammer problems that aren't easily resolved and even they are so rare, and how often has this removal been asked for now!?

Madness that the request has never even been responded to !

Also, there's far more important things needing attention here than the mouse-over, tons of info about it in this forum section.

I gave up today, MC seems to be re-inventing the wheel again with this forum... added to Lithium's poor (but not as bad) efforts.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

@GeoffD wrote:
Even if the post is still in the draft stage and not even posted, it ends up being blocked and placed on the moderation list.

Just to maybe assist you Geoff - this has never happened to me, perhaps the difference between our methods is that I've never again used the Preview option since trying it after it got fixed.

What got Fixed? The Spam Flood control issue is still a problem. For me nothing has changed. Just the simple exercise of fixing the issues I have with my Dyslexia is enough to envoke this so called flood control facility, let alone trying to add content to an existing draft.

I would hope the sw would not put moderators through the same process anyway!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

@GeoffD wrote:
Even if the post is still in the draft stage and not even posted, it ends up being blocked and placed on the moderation list.

Just to maybe assist you Geoff - this has never happened to me, perhaps the difference between our methods is that I've never again used the Preview option since trying it after it got fixed.

Red Carpet

Mouse Over

Optimist raised this issue. I know I tried to see what the difference was right at the start with ticking the box or not, and there was no noticable difference between the two settings. I then simply left it unticked did not worry about it after that until Optimist raised the issue in the last few days, where I found that it now does work. So what changed over time I would not be able to say.

What I do find however that the facility is not consistent --- it works on certain buttons and not on others. One would assume that if there is a drop down list behind a button, it should work every time. If there is an explanation or note about the button available, it should show the note every time on all buttons.

So the trick would be to list the buttons, or post an annotated screenshot showing where it works where not and the sw developers  can comment if this is what was planned to be the case or not.

So let me know if you want me to take that approach, seeing that it now seems possible for me to post pictures and the pictures will be approved in a reasonable time.

About picture photo approval ---- I placed a number of test screenshots into folders, which I periodically checked on to see if they were approved but after a week or so lost interest as the pictutre were not being approved.  Then recently all those "test" pictures simply vanished . I know I did not delete or remove them.  

My only other reference is to go to the Lithium Community forum, check what a function does there and then verify if it is the same on this forum.

Red Carpet

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@GeoffDand @Optimist - the support team has been investigating the issues brought forward and have a few question which will help with getting to a fix. 

1. Help section not available for everyone

2. Menus hidden in avatars (more info is needed to investigate further)

3. Dynamic mouse-over not working as expected for menu

The questions below are specifically for "mouse-over" investigation (for users who are experiencing this issue)

- when last did it work properly?

- were any changes made before or after it was working fine?

- is this issue specific with user's permission? If not, can the users delete their cache and temporary files from the respective browser and try again

If we can have names of all users with both proper and improper mouse-over functionality. 

@Grace_DStv1

I can work through all these questions one by one, but it is going to take some time. The problem is that the spam flood controls always get to me when I try and do an incemental post, adding bits as I go along. Even if the post is still in the draft stage and not even posted, it ends up being blocked and placed on the moderation list.

The alternative is to try and handle the questions in individual posts.

So to start with the Help section not availabe for everyone

I have never had this problem with MS Edge. I would have to check Chrome and IE 11. What I posted right in the beginning is that the help files do not match the functionality available on this Community -- there are differences between the standard Lithium and this one. I have not checked lately if anything has changed, or since been fixed.

Menus hidden in Avatars

Not something I have had problems with. Again my reference is MS Edge. All we have had hassles with from the start is related to the "reward" setup, where functionality is linked to the number of posts, etc made. It bugs me because one tries it, finds it does not work and then is not sure if this is because of a sw issue, related to permissions, or, related to this reward setup. The confusion around the Avatars is also related to the confusion about Albums. The Private/Public definition is clear, but what is the need for two public albums, one labelled Profile and the other labelled simply Public? 

Showmaxed

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

The questions below are specifically for "mouse-over" investigation (for users who are experiencing this issue)

First time I've tried it

No

- is this issue specific with user's permission?

Not as far as I know

If not, can the users delete their cache and temporary files from the respective browser and try again

No, I'm done helping and don't believe that could help - a professional software developer group must have all popular browsers available

If we can have names of all users with both proper and improper mouse-over functionality. 

Re the last request - presume others' names are being requested.

All the best with it, bye.

@GeoffD and @Optimist - the support team has been investigating the issues brought forward and have a few question which will help with getting to a fix. 

1. Help section not available for everyone

2. Menus hidden in avatars (more info is needed to investigate further)

3. Dynamic mouse-over not working as expected for menu

- is this issue specific with user's permission? If not, can the users delete their cache and temporary files from the respective browser and try again

Showmaxed

We may have misunderstood each other.

I've just discovered that my Firefox browser does now automatically open some menu lists - for the Options menu at the top right of a thread, and for the individual posts' menu in their top right corner.

But not when hovered over the avatar at the extreme top right corner of pages, or the one at the left extreme which looks like 3 horizontal lines.

Not planning to monitor this further, although we like assisting under circumstances that suit us it really is MC's job to do all these tests and needed changes.