Welcome to Guidelines

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Forum's Help section

Re: Forum's Help section

@GeoffD - agreed. Will you be able to send us these issues (as you've tried on a post) via PM? We really appreciate your involvement and helping us resolve this glitches. 

Red Carpet

Thanks for the response Grace. I know what the issue is with quite a few things on the forum. I have been trying to put together a post about it BUT the Spam Flood Control settings keep dumping that post !

The issue is whomever is customising the code for this forum is writing "browser specific code" instead of "feature specific code" This means that the code will work only on the browsers the code was written for and not for others.

Until this overall issue is attended to, we will continue to get reports of features working on some browsers and not on others.

We can work together on identifying these things BUT then MC must sort out the issues with the spam controls and auto moderation so that we can report these things properly!

Or, get into direct contact with us via PM

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

Checking this with support team. @Optimist - not sure if this is a browser issue, but we'll hear from the team when they revert back. 

Showmaxed

@GeoffD wrote:
Works now!  Brings up drop down menus automatically

That's really good to hear, thanks for checking again.

Then it not working for me now is either a browser type issue, or maybe a browser setting I'm unfamiliar with but that's unlikely.

I'm using Firefox.

@MC  - One thing that must be mentioned again - you still aren't giving us any feedback about s/w issues that are being repaired. Mostly your loss not to do so.

Red Carpet

@GeoffD wrote:

Have not checked lately. Certainly did nothing special either way in the beginning. But on the Lithium forum it works. Will check now.

Works now!  Brings up drop down menus automatically

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Have not checked lately. Certainly did nothing special either way in the beginning. But on the Lithium forum it works. Will check now.

Showmaxed

This settings option might have helped, IF it actually did something... or am I missing something re what it is actually meant to mean??

It certainly doesn't appear to do anything at all.

My Settings \ Preferences \ Display \ "Display menus dynamically with mouse over"

(See attached)

Red Carpet

Unfortunately, this is the modern trend ---- you have to see how easy it is to mess up a forum -- go and look at what the geniuses have done to that other forum I subscribe to.

PS. I flatly refuse to use social media language.

I SUBSCRIBE to a Forum -- I don't "follow it"

I READ posts on a forum --- I don't "watch" them.

etc etc ad nauseam

Showmaxed

Ok, I remember those posts of yours now Geoff.

Strange I never noticed it, perhaps as I only really use that actual menu for settings and logging off which is rare. Anyway, menus hidden behind avatars and the like make no sense to me, the old ways are clear and easy to find for anyone.

Red Carpet

Found it long ago. Even posted about the differences between this help file and that available on the Lithium Community. Also, quite a bit of the help simply does not work because of the customisation done by MC .....