Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Holiday decoder activation

3 REPLIES 3
DKW
Anime

Re: Holiday decoder activation

Thx, mind boggling but 5 days later and still DSTV is unable to activate our holiday decoder. Constant excuses about awaiting responses from their technical team, who are apparently working around the clock to resolve the problem. One gets charged a premium price for pathetic responses. 

Showmaxed

Part of the problem may be that the staff have been on strike.

You won't get better help here, only junior staff on this forum.

DKW
Anime

We have been trying since Saturday to have our holiday decoder activated, firstly via Internet self service but kept getting an error message. Then yesterday logged a call to call center where Michelle said they had a problem and it was escalated to their technical team for resolution. Today no change, so resorted to tweeting in an attempt to get the decoder activated, finally after a series of tweets, at 16h08 the issue was escalated to the technical team again. What is going on DSTV??? Customer satisfaction is a big fat zero, just no action or delivery. We are highly frustrated!!!

Highlighted
Viewer

Holiday decoder activation

Hi, new member speaking - so if I missed other posts on this topic, or if this is in the wrong place, my apologies!

I've been a relatively satisfied user of the holiday decoder service for a number of years, most recently last summer. You could call in, schedule an activation date and number of days or end date. No problem!

Today I tried to do this and discovered that the Rules are change. First, the automated attendant menus allow you to select on option for holiday home. But all this does is sell you the 'advantages' of using the new WhatsApp self help service. No way to speak to an agent.

So I set up on WhatsApp, and navigate the menus. You can activate your holiday home decoder (if you know the serial number, not the smartcard number as previously), but from today only. No planning ahead allowed.

Thinking this might be a bug in the new WhatsApp UI, I logged in to the DSTV website. Same thing!

DSTV, this is not progress. At a time when customer retention would I have thought be priority number one, making life harder for the customer seems like a dof thing to do. Fix it please!