Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to post pics that all can see

45 REPLIES 45
Highlighted
Nominee

Re: How to post pics that all can see

@Optimist wrote:
I believe it could be simple crowd control.
A lot of people will be too lazy to look at the attachments let alone wait for them to load.
My evidence?
Yesterday I posted a number of pics in another thread investigating troubling odd forum behaviours - despite every other pic being quickly approved over the last few days, these still haven't been....

I must report that these pics were finally made available by this morning.

Inconclusive? Perhaps re my theory, but certainly some manipulation must have been involved considering the long further delay that occurred.

EDIT: Pics are now immediately available to view for all, regardless of who posted them. (Confirmed on 22 Oct. 2018)

Nominee

That said... I've decided not to offer any further help at all, with anything. MC must provide service, nothing else can be expected and that much is obviously expected, by all customers and potential customers on any official MC platform.

End of story.

And the Mods being told to go into quiet sulks every time we dare open our mouths is just stoopid (not meant rudely, it's simply silly), it's always been done by MC and has never achieved anything.

/end

Nominee

@GeoffD wrote:
Not doing either. Assuming we want to help others, then all these delays are just not on.

Agreed in principle, but we're in a catch 22 situation - if we try force them to do what's needed and they don't bother (as is already too frequent) then the forum will die, so we must then help which is not what we want or how it should be - MC needs to help first... they're trying to force "Lithium logic" on us.

Maybe the press needs to be alerted to what goes on here.

BoxOffice

Windows 10 and 8 includes an app called snipping tool. Very easy to use choose the type of snip I normally choose rectangular but full screen is also available. Left click on the top left hand corner of the area you want keeping the button in drag to the bottom right hand corner of the area click on save as type the name you want and choose the file type. And that is it.
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

Sure B, there are always work a rounds all this BS, but why do we need to do these things? And then you are still faced with the hurdle of having to wait, or beg for the image to be approved or add it as an attachment.

Not doing either. Assuming we want to help others, then all these delays are just not on.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Nominee

An easy way (for most) to make pic attachments with formats not supported:

1. On your screen - display the pic content you want to attach.

2. Press your keyboard's "Print Screen" button (often just to the right of the F12 button). This puts a screenshot in your clipboard.

3. Open Microsoft Paint, and press the combination keys "Ctrl." + "V". This will paste the clipboard contents into Paint.

4. Save it as a .jpg file.

5. Attach the .jpg file.

For those with Ubuntu or Apple, see what they offer similar to MS Paint.

Nominee

I've no doubt that there are environments where more careful moderation is needed, such as in the States with their huge population, but here it's just an excuse, we know how well things worked without this on the old forum. Certainly there's no technical reason why it couldn't have been reversed by now.

I'm sticking with the crowd control story, even if it's just MC listening to Lithium's "wisdom" it would include that kind of thinking.

The thing is, corporate MC have made it crystal clear many times that their main purpose for a forum is not to help (although some do try), but to negatively and self-centredly manipulate. Glad to say that there are others within MC who oppose that though ;-)

I'm done with this and a number of related subjects, suggest all just move on and with open eyes use the forum in the way it suits you if it does.

BoxOffice

The approval by a moderator of all images before it will be visible to all look more and more like censorship rather than "for your protection" as stated in the help files. I do understand the need for posts and contend to be moderated but this is really going too far. Why the need tp approve an image before it will can be viewed by all if that very same image can be attached as a paperclip attachment that can be opened and viewed by every one. It does not make any sense.
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Nominee

Now I'm going to touch on a more sinister possible reason why MC's forum doesn't just allow for the in-post pics option, but although the evidence seems strong I can't prove it (yet) so judge for yourselves.

I believe it could be simple crowd control.

A lot of people will be too lazy to look at the attachments let alone wait for them to load.

My evidence?

Yesterday I posted a number of pics in another thread investigating troubling odd forum behaviours - despite every other pic being quickly approved over the last few days, these still haven't been...

Conspiracy theory?

I would prefer to be more positive about things, but so much says we should be alert to uncaring manipulative activity here... however it's not something I'm planning to say anything more about, except to end with this - that this week MC approached me about their desire to manipulate this forum with some senior contributors' help. A couple of other Forumites know about it.

This company stinks!

Trending

@Optimist wrote:

Perhaps a browser error, but I'm just trying to be a bit more polite...

This cheered me up - thanks! Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).