cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to post pics that all can see

Red Carpet

Re: How to post pics that all can see

And that I am not prepared to do. Either an admin is appointed to approve pictures on a continuous basis, or, this stoopid process is revised.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

I still had to send a PM to get my picture approved. Pointless in my opinion
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Showmaxed

My avatar is working again, thanks Mods. I guess that's the end of trying those settings.

BTW, moving pics from one album to another doesn't cause issues. But don't try replacing them with the same pic.

Back to the cache problems - although not related to pics, this is important.

Recently I noticed that if while here I select the back-button on a tab, sometimes it will take me to the last page refreshed on an adjacent tab instead of going back to the previous page on the current tab.

Perhaps a browser error, but I'm just trying to be a bit more polite...

Have to say that it's become quite a common news item that developers produce very buggy code these days in many places, some of it due to immense and unreasonable pressures from other departments. Then they want to tell us that "AI" should run important aspects of our lives, such as our cars!

Crazy stuff.

Red Carpet

On the Lithium forum I have ONE post as a reply and question to another member. He responded and all I wanted to do was thank him for the advice. .......

That thread is now totally locked up. When an admin goes into my account nothing can be found that should cause it. So, like with most sw developers the answer is switch off and reboot .......

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

That explains an issue I've had, thanks Geoff - I keep finding things here not refreshing properly, have ended up making it a habit to use Ctrl. + F5 to clear related cache often.

But... is there even a Lithium representative being given our feedback??

Have to say, in these respects Lithium and MC are very well matched partners :-p

Red Carpet

Unfortunately you are right B. This continual photo approval process is going to drive us all crazy, members and mods alike!

BTW, I have pickedcup a bug in Lithium that affects the base sw. Guess what the ONLY  solution Lithium has?

I have to clear may lsocal cache .......

Spoiler

Showmaxed

New problem - with my approved avatar pic.

There's an option to edit our pics in our albums, just does simple things like allowing one to rename the file, and so on.

I have to fiddle of course... wanted to make the avatar pic also the album cover, a simple tick box and then clicking on save. And... that's enough to put the pic back on the need for moderation.

Ridiculous software.

Fix it if you want MC, or don't bother, I really don't care.

EDIT: BTW, my earlier replacement pics for the pics that vanished were approved, that's why I was messing around there again.

Showmaxed

@krugie wrote:

I see some photos included in the "CU+ http 504 error" thread under Catch Up are displaying correctly - some progress at  last?

Ja / Nee - they start as yellow triangles, then come right... so it appears the Mods are now processing them some time later.

Red Carpet

I see some photos included in the "CU+ http 504 error" thread under Catch Up are displaying correctly - some progress at  last?

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

[The stoopid spam control function blocked the previous attempt!!!!!!  Man Frustrated

(Part 2)