cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to post pics that all can see

Red Carpet

Re: How to post pics that all can see

There are a few ways to try to post pictures using the "Photos icon" in the options above the post body (see screenshot). Now of course none of us seem to be able post pictures that others can see easily, so we are never sure IF the issue is as a result of the block, or, if it is as a result of the code being wrong.

Then you click on the photos option (see next screenshot), there are 3 options available

Splitter-SLX3-x-4-HeartBeat.jpgThe Option to drag a photo only works IF there are images listed on the RHS in your folders.

The URL option fails with ALL images from any source whatsover, presumably because of the block implemented on the Community. Error message is as per the screenshot.

The Upload and the Saved Photos option will work BUT the image is not visible until the image is approved.

(The screenshots will be added later after adding some notes, that is IF the spam flood control settings let me add them).

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Nominee

Ok, thanks.

So... with "Photos" we can't ever use other people's approved pics, and can only use ours if we select an approved one from the "Saved Photos" section of the "Photos" facility, and then only from publicaly accessible albums.

... nope, not at all good enough and too complicated for me, no thanks MC.

--------------------------

We've further discussed the so called approval button - apparently it now does work for unapproved pics as well. Totally odd, who knows what goes on there.

Enough trying to make sense of this IMO, MC get to work please! :-(

Red Carpet

yes visible

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Nominee

mystery man.jpg

Can this direct from folders approved pic be seen by others here?

Nominee

@GeoffD wrote:

Today, is the first time I have tried again, and lo and behold, there is my public folder and the one picture!.  Now does that mean the picture has been approved?

Sorry for delay, electric problem...

Your public folder is empty to me as well, but really interesting that your pic is found again.

Don't think that I can check mine that went missing in that general section as I had them in the Private folder.

Red Carpet

Nope, not visible, just a triangle placeholder for each.

Neither does the mark for review functionaility.  So what this is supposed to be for is a mystery

Red Carpet

Ja, found that section a while agoe, but my public folder never showed, and hence my pictures did not appear either. Then all my pictures were deleted and frankly I lost one hell a lot of interest in the Community. Today, is the first time I have tried again, and lo and behold, there is my public folder and the one picture!.  Now does that mean the picture has been approved?

Nominee

Firstly, an improved link was edited in above.

Next - While messing around I tried the "Flag Image for Review" on an already approved pic, and that works!! So either the system is in a real mess, or the language unclear again...

Next - I was looking for a pic download option seen before but couldn't find it, so can't test that but here's;

1. a copy of one of my own approved pics that I'm reposting,

X (This image was later removed as it makes a mess of the albums)

2. and also a copy of the original file (before it was uploaded for approval) on my harddrive.

X (This image was later removed as it makes a mess of the albums) 

I'll shortly edit in if I can see these copies of what has been approved myself, and please would any Forumite post what they see, thanks.

EDIT: I can see both pics.

Nominee

Here's another new discovery - there's a section called "Albums For Community" which shows all publicly available albums;

https://community.dstv.com/t5/media/gallerypage/tab/all

(Edit: end of the link was altered - shows more)

I'll be back with more circus tricks shortly ;-)

Red Carpet

Tks, So, image approval is user specific not picture specific ----

The Circus tent is getting bigger ....  Think of all the work this triggers for moderators ----

That s if they even try or bother.