cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How to post pics that all can see

Nominee

Re: How to post pics that all can see

Here's some interesting new discoveries that relates to the pic albums, but maybe it will help the Mods anyway.

The attached screenshot shows the section that opens when I click on a pic in the "All Images" section.

The file concerned isn't approved (it and one other had been, but then disappeared, so these are my replacements... but let's not worry about that).

Note the choices in this section's "Image Options" menu, then let's discuss a couple of them;

1. "Flag Image for Review" - Aha! Maybe this is how we're meant to get the Mods' attention...

If so, surely Lithium can make that flag ALWAYS work AUTOMATICALLY by default?

Note the strange long URL for that menu choice which is displayed at the bottom of my screenshot.

2. Has anyone got any idea why this menu has a "Subscribe to RSS Feed" option? Seems totally unrelated???

Red Carpet

Agree Optimist.  This nonsense about being able to attach pictures and files easily, is becoming a very serious matter now. Either MC wants users to help themselves or they don't.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Nominee

Thanks for you and your Mod colleagues' efforts Grace.

But this part has me baffled;

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

We're getting them checked with the support team, and see if any modification needs to be done.

"If" is not in question here, surely.

I'm going to stand back now, it really is necessary for someone among you and your managers to take control of everything requiring attention by now. Thanks again.

@Optimist - so sorry for taking this long to attend to the issues brought up. We're getting them checked with the support team, and see if any modification needs to be done. An update will follow soonest. 

Nominee

@Optimist wrote:
@MC  -  really time to wake up here, please!  :-(

Please - why is this still not being answered, let alone attended to?!?!

@MC  - we MUST have answers to this now please! People MUST be able to post pics easily and that are easy to view by all here without the need for approval, OR your Mods must attend to allowing them immediately WITHOUT anyone needing to request that, OR this forum is a waste of time as far as any related help goes - YOU NEED TO RESPOND PLEASE, WITH A SCHEDULE OF WORK BEING DONE.

I will not bother asking again.

You do it to yourselves MC.

Nominee

How to post pics that all can see

EDIT: Pics are now immediately available to view for all, regardless of who posted them. (Confirmed on 22 Oct. 2018)

The purpose of this thread is for easy access to this related info, but unfortunately stickies seems to be another failure of the platform.

Anyway...

Clicking on the "Photos" button doesn't work, only you and the Mods can see those posted pics.

Instead, while posting click on the "Browse" button that's beneath the left bottom corner of the posting box.

This creates a paperclip-type attachment on the right of the post, which can be seen by all.

We don't know if it has any limitations.

Note that up to 3 pics per post can be added, but there's a bug with that as well - they can't be added one at a time.

Instead, you need to have all pics in the same sub-directory on your device, and use the Ctrl. button along with the left mouse click to select the multiple files.

Any other observations that anyone can add would be most helpful, and all questions are welcome.

@MC  -  really time to wake up here, please!  :-(