Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Image Uploads

18 REPLIES 18
Red Carpet

Re: Image Uploads

Thanks for the replies - at least now I know why I was able to see the photo. Even when MadCat replied by quoting my post I could still se the photo in the reply/quote. Clearly the admin staff doesn't understand this procedure since they can always see the photos they post and I agree - this has to be resolved URGENTLY!

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Action

If the intention of this forum is for community members to offer solutions (as has been discussed elsewhere) then this needs to be sorted out.  It's going to severely hamper our ability to help others if we can't post images.

Red Carpet

@krugie wrote:

I just inserted an image in my Miranda post under What's On that seemed to have worked immediately without any approval - maybe this is finally sorted out? Or it is just they way I (as the poster) see it but no one else does?

No according to Lithium, Posters will always be able to see their own pictures, BUT pictures and videos are only visible to other members AFTER they are placed into your public folder AND after approval.

As no one in MC is doing this task, pictures are not being approved, and, maybe are not being moved into your public folder. Even if you move pictures into your public folder yourself, they will not display as they have not been approved by someone or by an automatic process.

MC Managers and Moderators are NOT affected by this hence why they are able to place photos which are visible to all.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

Couldn't see any image. Just the square with the triangle in it.

Red Carpet

I just inserted an image in my Miranda post under What's On that seemed to have worked immediately without any approval - maybe this is finally sorted out? Or it is just they way I (as the poster) see it but no one else does?

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

@GeoffDwrote:

Here are a number of questions about how this forum works relating to uploaded Images.

1. How long does it take for an image to be approved?

2. How does one know that an image has been approved?

3. What are the size limitations?

4. Are there any restrictions on the file types that can be used for uploads?

More than 3 weeks since this issue was reported and still no sign that MC intends doing anything about fixing the situation. How difficult can it be to appoint a person responsible for approving images, or  set the Community software to automatically evaluate and approve images ?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Trending

@GeoffDwrote:

Another try

0AI1LYBP.PNG

And another triangle 🔽 

~EXPLORA 1~ ~EXPLORA 2a~
Red Carpet

Another try

0AI1LYBP.PNG

Doin' it 4 Tv

Can also only see the triangle.

Showmaxed

I refuse to post anything further until photos are working.

Pathetic MC !