Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

MC's lack of real involvement on THEIR forum

Red Carpet

Re: MC's lack of real involvement on THEIR forum

@RyanDavid wrote:

The funny thing is when MC Marietjie first commented on the closure of the old forum I expressed concern about the fact that it would be run by the 'customer service team' or whatever the name is, as I'd had bad experiences trying to use Twitter as a contact point with the team. She reassured me that a new team was being hired for this and we'd actually have BETTER service. Not what has panned out.

This is the most upsetting part for me. We all raised concerns at the time and were assured that we are worried for no reason at all!

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doccie

I knew that it would be a disaster the minute I read the announcement about the new forums so I'm not surprised.

But it still makes me see red when your registered on a consumer forum hosted or supported by an actual company like DStv & being told to contact them on Twitter or Facebook (don't have accounts, will never have accounts, refuse to support such cesspools). This isn't a fan made site that  guys called Optimist & MadCat have set up (it probably would have worked out better, I've been on fan sites that work just as good as the official sites). This is an official forum for DStv people expect service and help from multichoice and they are probably coming here as a last resort!

But you can't expect anything more from a company that is constantly cutting costs and corners and don't care about the people who are keeping them in business.  I'm tired of DStv and I don't like coming to a site only to moan about stuff I shouldn't have to or repeatedly have to. ( I'm only here today for a family member because they failed to properly upload a show to CU.  If it was just for me I wouldn't have bothered because I can't be bothered anymore with having to nag people to do their jobs.)

If we had the internet in our area that would have been capable of handling Netflix, I would have been long gone. This household may still be, I really can't be bothered with the viewing anymore, it is getting to the point I'd rather read a book.

Telenovela

I'll try it again and hope it doesn't disappear this time:

Have to agree. I took a break from the forum when it was first set up as the layout, functionality and everything else was frustrating me, but thought I'd give it a try again, at least for constructive purposes like reporting EPG and broadcast errors. I spent time posting about these but never got a single response from MC. It baffles me that any company wouldn't want to hear about defects in their products or issues their customers are having.

So I spent a bit of time looking over the forum the last day or two and saw some of the recent responses about 'what the forum is for' which basically seems like washing hands of the whole thing and steering us towards Twitter and Facebook - regardless of whether we actually have or want those accounts. The funny thing is when MC Marietjie first commented on the closure of the old forum I expressed concern about the fact that it would be run by the 'customer service team' or whatever the name is, as I'd had bad experiences trying to use Twitter as a contact point with the team. She reassured me that a new team was being hired for this and we'd actually have BETTER service. Not what has panned out.

If you expect people to spend their time helping others on a 'community forum', but you're not prepared to even respond to posts where it is required or forward on issues to others in the organisation then might as well shut it down. Because it's leaving a really bad taste in the mouth for those of your loyal customers who care enough to post and point out problems.

Highlighted
Telenovela

Tried to respond in agreement, now my comment has disappeared - why?

Showmaxed

For those who haven't seen it, some recent history and others' comments erupted here: Error 16-4

Showmaxed

MC's lack of real involvement on THEIR forum

Absolutely unacceptable!!

One moment we've got quite a bit of developing help involvement from MC's Mods, then when it gets too hot for their bosses' attitudes we're deserted with a quote from the past long moved on from, then silence - so... many, many threads not answered at all now and no Mods involved over this weekend at all.

That's enough for me, if MC think they can force me into their Lithium created public-abusing attempted mould I've got news for them!

And turning on the taps just enough to keep us going is not going to cut it either in future MC, be a responsible company or don't but you're no longer manipulating me.