Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

@Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

Showmaxed

Re: @Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

@krugie wrote:

I am trying to insert the approved pic here though to see wheter approved photos can at least be included in messages.

Yep, can see it.

Some progress...

Red Carpet

@Kagiso_DStv1 wrote:

@krugie, your avatar has been approved. 

@Kagiso_DStv1 thanks for approving it but I have tried all the methods descibed in this post and still none of them allow me to change my avatar to something I uploaded - all of them only have the option of the community default avatars. Man Sad I also logged off and back on.

I am trying to insert the approved pic here though to see wheter approved photos can at least be included in messages.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

@krugie, your avatar has been approved. 

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

@Optimist wrote:

3. In the "My Profile" - click on the tick on the top right of your large existing avatar, choices pop up.

I think one or more of the choices in this could be your best possibility to get things going, see the attachment's associated wording confirming it's for avatars.

I'm done.

Nope - the only option mine gives is From the Community - see attached. Not a train smash for me though - MC needs to get things sorted. I suspect you are right in that they fiddled with your account which is allowing for this to work.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

@Optimist wrote:

3. In the "My Profile" - click on the tick on the top right of your large existing avatar, choices pop up.

I think one or more of the choices in this could be your best possibility to get things going, see the attachment's associated wording confirming it's for avatars.

I'm done.

Showmaxed

In the attached 3rd file, you'll see the button for "Upload an Image". (Bottom of My Profile page.)

That leads to what's in files 4 & 5.

It may not have been possible to move from one photo section to another, but this can maybe help.

Showmaxed

Here's my pages attached. Guess the Mods will post anything further that can help...

Red Carpet

@Optimist - I tried the link quickly - but no option to upload. See attachment.

Highlighted
Showmaxed

Lovely forum software MC... :-(

@krugie, when you've got the time try this link to try take you to the Upload an Avatar option I've got, it seems to be structured for any user's use;

https://community.dstv.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-icons%3Acommunity#

Another theory - I did give the Mods permission to mess around on my identity, so maybe related. Who knows.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

Sorting out the Avatars is not that user friendly. There's a number of options I've seen;

1. In the Settings' Avatar section - "From My Albums" will work once approved, but then the pics are under the warning so not easily seen and leaving the warning in view is confusing.

2. Also in Avatar section ("From The Community") - beneath the existing avatar click on "Upload an Avatar" to upload directly (also needs approval like everything).

@Optimist - for some reason I don't have those options - unsure whether it is related to some setting somewhere.

Under Avatars I only have the From the Community option - not the From my Albums one. And when I go to From the Community there is no option to Upload an Avatar beneath my existing avatar. There is only a drop-down box to select a category from the community avatars.