cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

@Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

Showmaxed

Re: @Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

@Jan,  20 questions please, if I may?...   ;-)

Is there hope, some indication that a repair is underway?

Without putting yourself in any problem area, can you maybe answer re why MC are trying to keep this secret in full view of all?? (Typical oxymoron type company behaviour IMHO.)

More questions later perhaps :-)

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Jan-Horn Please see our PM.

BoxOffice

Could you please approve my pictures as well https://community.dstv.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46 TIA
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Showmaxed

Let's do a logical summary here;

1. There was never any problem with posting pics on the old forum. Perhaps they're worried about the social media yahoos now joining such an arena ;-)

2. But... then why do paperclip type pics work without the need for moderation?

3. Further, that paperclip option didn't work properly, that's been fixed!

4. So there's no logical explanation for this... either they don't know what to do, or it involves Lithium personel that are dragging their feet.

Just one request now Mods - please confirm that this will get sorted out in time.

Red Carpet

Now remember boys and girls, be good little yes men and women, eat your vegetables and play nice. Mommy will then decide to reward you with an avatar after a while if you ask nicely!

PATHETIC!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

On the practical side (if we can ever get there), I think the main confusing factor is regarding the multiple options and is due to social media liking photo albums - which IMO has little or nothing to do with a forum about a TV service.

Why on Earth would anyone want to offer whole personal photo albums here?? And why the additional need for a private collection?? Ridiculousness!

Doin' it 4 Tv

Have been reading the post in this thread with much interest. Seems like once again this is a "fail" from MC. For a non tech savy person like me reading some of the earlier posts I thought to myself that this is getting too complicated and decided that I'd just leave my avatar as it is.

Once again it seems like we are not getting anything near to what was PROMISED to us.

Red Carpet

@krugie wrote:

I have received a message in private to explain why I am unable to choose my own avatar so I will no longer persue the matter. Needless to say it doesn't make sense to me but I'm not sure why the information is not published here - or whether it will be. I will leave it to the MC Mods to do so if it is not meant to be secretive,

There is absolutely NO logical reason for a forum, with a facility, that is SUPPOSED to be for members to use, to NOT make available a very normal function! And then to NOT inform members accordingly is just disgusting!

The same goes for not sorting out the process to embed pictures in posts and to sort out the photo approval process.

What a bunch of amateurs!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

That then just leaves my having to decide for now whether to use this currently unfair option.

I've decided not to, and as what we all posted is only our theories I presume the Mods will indeed bring us all up to date with facts about what's going on fairly soon.

Red Carpet

I have received a message in private to explain why I am unable to choose my own avatar so I will no longer persue the matter. Needless to say it doesn't make sense to me but I'm not sure why the information is not published here - or whether it will be. I will leave it to the MC Mods to do so if it is not meant to be secretive,

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).