Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

@Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

Showmaxed

Re: @Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

@Jan-Horn wrote:

Biography did the trick for me. It was the only blank space on mine and after entering something there  a few minutes ago I was "awarded" that badge 

Great.

BTW, due to a change in role here I discovered that removing the text from that afterwards doesn't then lose the badge <roll eyes>

Red Carpet

Heh heh!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
BoxOffice

@Optimist wrote:

Ok, I've discovered one other difference, but if this doesn't clear it up nothing will.

X and myself have "earned" the "Profile completed" badge, Y hasn't.

I don't recall what this was about exactly, but it is something to do with filling in blank spaces to do with one's self in the Settings, perhaps the "Location" or "Biography" or "Surname" items. It's anyone's guess, if anyone is bothered that is...

/end

Biography did the trick for me. It was the only blank space on mine and after entering something there  a few minutes ago I was "awarded" that badge 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Showmaxed

Ok, I've discovered one other difference, but if this doesn't clear it up nothing will.

X and myself have "earned" the "Profile completed" badge, Y hasn't.

I don't recall what this was about exactly, but it is something to do with filling in blank spaces to do with one's self in the Settings, perhaps the "Location" or "Biography" or "Surname" items. It's anyone's guess, if anyone is bothered that is...

/end

Showmaxed

@Mods  - there's a new problem with how album pics work, please see the other pic thread in this section. Thanks

EDIT: Now fixed

-----------------------------------------

I'm back here as I think we need far more clarity re how awards are meant to work. Do the Mods even know? Certainly it's not obvious, so how can a Forumite, who wants to, go for the carrot if there's no understanding??

Let me explain...

(Mostly ignoring myself here.)

Forumite X has just qualified for a user-defined avatar as well.

Forumite Y appears to, but hasn't...????????

Y has

More posts than X

Has reached the same currently-maximum Replies award

Has more kudos

Has the same amount of Solutions awards

Has the same amount of Tags badge awards

Has one less total badges, but it's the same as my total badges

Joined on the same day

Silly, silly, silly, silly, silly.

@Optimist, the horizontal lines and coloured wave pics have been approved.

Showmaxed

@Kagiso_DStv1 wrote:

@Optimist, we're sorry that we could not approve the pic on time. We have just approved. Please alert us next time after uploading a pic.

@Kagiso_DStv1, despite my objections I did comply - after uploading the pic "blank avatar.jpg" I posted that I had, but it still hasn't been approved (or rejected).

Please respond.

I've also added two more pics now;

"Avatar - horizontal lines.jpg" and "coloured wave b.jpg"

Please also approve those.

I'm not planning to add any more, and may be away but will still be checking shortly.

TIA

Showmaxed

@Jan-Horn, apologies, it did cross my mind that my response to your "idea" may be misinterpreted - I should have said something.

It was certainly clear in the way you were toying with the idea in later sentences.

I really don't want to respond again in this thread.

TIA if they end up allowing me my choice of a clean avatar. Quite silly if they don't, guess a yellow warning triangle will then be saying enough.

Tags (1)
BoxOffice

@Optimist My post regarding kudos and the rest was very much done tong in the cheek and did not expect the reply I got from the mods. @ The Mods Having more that 10 years experience as moderator on other unrelated forums I can state that a spammer usually does his deeds in his first post because he knows he will be banned for what he posts. The Achievement and Awards system this forum uses is an over kill and has just the opposite effect here as what it was designed to achieve for a gaming forum. We are all customers of MC and not school children that need to be policed. I cannot see need to play childish games in order to be awarded the privilege to use an avatar or be able to post an image to demonstrate or clarify a point I am making to help someone with a problem , or to clarify a problem I have. Please relook at the whole rewards system. I am sure you can come up with someting that will be more appropriate and functional.
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Showmaxed

I see that my new avatar has not been approved.

I'll need a reason for that please MC....