cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

@Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

BoxOffice

Re: @Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

I only reacted to the post by Optimist regarding the subject . Maybe a PM to one of the Mods would nudge them into approving your avatar.
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

@Jan-Horn wrote:

Biography did the trick for me. It was the only blank space on mine and after entering something there  a few minutes ago I was "awarded" that badge  

Well spotted Jan - I also now entered something in that field and received the same badge. But (so far) still no option for own avatars.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

@Jan-Horn wrote:

Well I gave you your 108th kudo for what its worth Man Frustrated 

Thanks for the thought ;-)

MC, can I maybe have two avatars now?

BoxOffice

Well I gave you your 108th kudo for what its worth Man Frustrated 

BoxOffice

@Beetle wrote:

If I "like" your latest post will that entitle me to another badge? I'm aiming for 20 by the end of the month. Cannot let others run away with ALL these rewards. 

Actually just had a thought regarding these 'badges'. They are obviously there for the younger generation, teen agers?, but I wonder how many of us on here are under the ripe old age of ........ 50? Suppose one could say those of us who are are now in our second childhood. 

Well I am way way way past my sell by date. In fact the BB date may also be in the distand past. Yhanks for that kudo but now you have done it. That pushed my total kudos up to ten resulting in another reward my 10 kudo award but then it bring me to a delema. I now have the unlucky number of 13 badges. Now I will have to work hard to get me off that so what would my next award target be????Smiley Wink

Showmaxed

Hey! why no likes for me?? I also wanna get some! :-(

Doin' it 4 Tv

If I "like" your latest post will that entitle me to another badge? I'm aiming for 20 by the end of the month. Cannot let others run away with ALL these rewards. 

Actually just had a thought regarding these 'badges'. They are obviously there for the younger generation, teen agers?, but I wonder how many of us on here are under the ripe old age of ........ 50? Suppose one could say those of us who are are now in our second childhood. 

Highlighted
BoxOffice

@Beetle wrote:

My day has been made. I've just received the Profile Completed Badge. Followed the information given in earlier post and under my Biography filled in the Suburb and Town where I stay. Now I've got another badge. Opening a bottle of Champagne to celebrate. Thanks guys. 

Gee Wise you have now accumulated 11 Badges and joined the exclusive club of 8 who have earned the profile completed badge. All we need now is a denim jacket and someone that can supply us with embroidered badges Smiley Very Happy

Doin' it 4 Tv

My day has been made. I've just received the Profile Completed Badge. Followed the information given in earlier post and under my Biography filled in the Suburb and Town where I stay. Now I've got another badge. Opening a bottle of Champagne to celebrate. Thanks guys. 

Doccie

After reading what Optimist wrote I searched the Internet to learn more about the platform used here and came across this

Lithium Communities is an online community management solution designed for businesses of all sizes. It features a forum, blog management, a knowledge base, review management, gamification and reporting functionalities within a suite.

Lithium Communities features discussion forum management, which allows users to post questions and discussions. It also sends notifications to the employees if users are not able to answer a question. It also enables users to find topics from the forum using a search box.

Lithium Communities also features blog management, which allows users to create and publish posts using customizable templates. The software offers crowdsourced ideas, which allows customers to submit and discuss ideas on a forum. Users can also create customized labels for ideation ideas, and they can update users on the status of their propositions.

Lithium Communities offers gamification, which allows users to reward people for their contributions to topics of value. For instance, users can earn badges based on the number of questions answered.

Lithium Communities turn your website into a  social destination

Lithium Reputation Engine Choose from over 50 behaviors to reward and reinforce.  Grant permissions, assign ranks, and enlist your best customers as extensions of your marketing, sales, and service teams.

Lithium Studio Create engaging, fully-branded online communities. Make all the changes you want through a drag-and-drop interface— without IT.

Lithium Moderation Manager Enforce community guidelines by banning users and filtering inappropriate posts. 

Lithium Customer Intelligence Center Drive effective strategies for accelerating community growth, increasing vibrancy, and cultivating superfans with our industry

The above is a mouthful and studying it carefully I can only conclude that the system were designed to use and abuse us as their customers.

What is the awards and badges worth to an adult person that can afford a subscription fee of around R12000 per year? The ability to place a customised picture next to your user name instead of the stupid selection available on the platform. It seems tailored to satisfy the needs and thrills of a bunch of school children. Even worse halve of what is described above in not available on this site.

It is clear that when MC purchased the software whoever were tasked with the exercise had little or no knowledge of running a forum like this. The platform seems very attractive as both a marketing tool and a help platform to supplement its call centre. But the easy route were taken during installation and setup where all the default values were accepted. No thought were given as to what the “awards “ system intended to achieve for the company

I agree with Optimist that the Mods have no clue what criteria were set during the installation faze nor does anyone at MC have the ability knowledge or authority to change the setting to make the system functional.

What is the point of blocking the placing of a picture pending approval by the Mods if that same picture can be placed as an attachment without approval.

No Thank you.