cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

@Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

BoxOffice

Re: @Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

I cannot agree with you more Geoff. This platform is like giving tricycles to a bunch of professional bike riders to do the Tour Du France. They want to sett up a peer to peer help platform but fail to give the tools to do the job properly. My experience as a moderator has taught me to judge the character of new member within the first 3 posts done. Most other forums place restrictions on what content can be posted and certain privileges within the first 5 posts. Once past that milestone it is up to the Moderators to police what is posted to keep it clean and within the rules.
Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

It is all rubbish!. There are very few knowldedgeable persons left on this forum that appear to want to assist, and MC is doing its level best to chase even those few away ....

To put it very crudely this is not a p@ssing contest, it is about contributing and that is all.

This is not a game, it is supposed to be a serious business.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

I've had enough. If we don't get a reply soon I'm taking this to senior management!

BoxOffice

Jip a reply would every interesting. Out of curiosity I had a look at both profiles. Nothing to choose between the two. In fact Krugie is slightly ahead of Geoff with 373 post to 352 and 69 kudo to 56 both have 10 solutions and 16 badges. The posts will have changed since the time I looked .
Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

MC, feedback is still needed about the odd situation with @krugie

I would also like to know please @Kagiso_DStv1

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

MC, feedback is still needed about the odd situation with @krugie

Showmaxed

@ Lithium wrote:
For your protection, your community requires a moderator to approve all uploaded images before they can be displayed.

Hahahahahaha!! LMAO!! ROFL!! Sooo many things wrong with that statement!

*koff...*

Ok, I've recovered now.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

What Krugie does have is an experimental album with the attempted same name, so maybe that's confused the software.

I have now deleted that album but any software worthwhile should not be affected by that - which I guess implies that this software very well might be. Man LOL

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
BoxOffice

Looking at images in the help section I can only conclude that all images need to be approved by a Moderator before it is displayed (visible to others) Having said that the ability to use any other image than those on the system foe your Avatar may well be a software function due to it being linked to the awards system.Thinking back on the example of the awards system algorithm I posted some time ago and bearing in mind that probability that a Lithium default algorithm may have been used one would never know what criteria would enable you to use your own Avatar

Below some extracts from the help files.

For your protection, your community requires a moderator to approve all uploaded images before they can be displayed. Although you can see your uploaded images that are awaiting approval or flagged for review, other community members who view your images can only see the ones that have been approved. You can use any approved image you've uploaded as your personal avatar.

Highlighted
Showmaxed

Well, the point is proven as @krugie should now certainly qualify. Not sure the Mods can help either.

What Krugie does have is an experimental album with the attempted same name, so maybe that's confused the software.

Otherwise, it's still got to be the software, surely no sane company expects us to swallow that it's designed to work with a combination of awards and random or something forever-unknown elements??

No wonder the links to this forum were removed, what an enormous embarrassment this forum is turning out to be. And after four and a half months we're no closer to an end to the issues we're finding... unless we stop bothering...