Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

@Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

167 REPLIES 167
BoxOffice

Re: @Mods - avatar using our pics awaiting approval please

My understanding is that because the conservative options taken by MC regarding image approval Avatars were also effected. Although the image approval could be reset globally the Avatar selecting for each member now have to be re-configured manually which is quite a process. It is understandable that Admin only handles each and every case when requested. 

But I stand corrected I may be completely wrong. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
BoxOffice

I hear you, but one would assume that this would be automatically applied to all, as opposed to each individual having to PM some mod. This isn't rocket science... it's standard functionality

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Highlighted
BoxOffice

I would suggest you send a PM to one of the Mods to request they assist to activate your Avatar. It worked for Krugie Beetle and myself. @ helped me a lot but I am sure any on the  others will be able to assist.  

BoxOffice

Not sure who i would have to sleep with to be able to pick an avatar ... and not from The Community.. 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

Ah ha that is nice..... The old beetle is back Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

BoxOffice

I can PM you a link to where I got Yoda from but then you still need to get yours activated. Smiley LOL I am sure I saw a nice bull dog there.

Doin' it 4 Tv

So, here I was going to change my avatar to a bulldog when I noticed that a change had been made to how I can capture an avatar. I finally had the choice of being able to choose a photo from my computer. As you can see I did so. 

Kagiso_dstv1 why did this problem have to escalate as it did before someone at the Community Forum finally got around to making this avatar change possible? Surely, from your side, things could have been handled much better without causing so much agro? Anyway thank you for getting this to work for me. Just don't understand why it took all this frustration and anger before someone finally resolved this issue. 

Doin' it 4 Tv

Some here have contacted me regarding this situation of my being unable to upload an avatar of my choice. I would just like to say thank you to these people. You know who you are and I don't want to mention your names here just in case. Thanks for the support and advice given. 

I have sent Kagiso another private message stating my dissatisfaction with his previous answer and, after a few other semi polite comments, have said he can now do whatever it is he wants to do. NO!!! I didn't swear at him. Simply pointed out some of the errors in his comments to me. 

Think I am now going to change the current avatar from the pig to a bulldog. If such an avatar exists. 

BoxOffice

The pre-approval option for images that was taken when the system was set up now bites them in the backside. It included Avatars automatically and when it was reversed recently the avatars restriction did not. It now need individual attention from  admin side to activate and from what I have seen it is not that easy.  

Red Carpet

I have spent plenty of time reviewing how the Lithium software works.  In the process, I have come across quite a few configuration settings which a new Community must choose to do or not to do. What I find is that MC has chosen to be over cautious everywhere. If Lithium has even hinted at some risk associated with a default setting, then MC has deliberately chosen the most conservative setting. Clearly, MCs super conservatism is the reason. In quite a few cases, the selection of the conservative settings becomes a trade-off because it then loads the Community team with extra work.  In the cases of avatars, it is about having to have someone almost dedicated to approving pictures and videos. And, then has to manually go and configure every individual member's profile. 

That is over and above the close coupling to the gaming aspects of the software, which, frankly, is just ridiculous given the nature of this Community and the general "maturity" of the members, the subjects discussed and the way this Community has always operated.

The sooner MC reviews the decisions taken to structure the Community along the lines of being a game, the sooner we all will be happy.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM