cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

@Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

Red Carpet

Re: @Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

@Mods  -  I appreciate your confidence in marking my one earlier post as "solved", you clearly want to help, but I'm now going back to that post and unmarking it.

Red Carpet

I think Lithium hasn't trained the Mods properly, why did I immediately get approved when asking with a link to the photos and why were they as eager to try approve Krugie but couldn't?

The main restriction reason will surely be the bigger populations and interest attraction Lithium sites have overseas. Why hasn't local needs been discussed / acted upon with our months of objections... I repeat, nothing like this was ever needed on the old forum - so Lithium & MC, what is the issue here??

Methinks a lack of service care, again. Let's not forget that we've recently been told this forum is now at the bottom of the service list. BAH!!

Red Carpet

This is just a mess! MC , why can't you simply implement the STANDARD LITHIUM provided functionality for customising avatars and allowing photos to be inserted into posts?

What is all this fiddling that is going on?

On the main Lithium forum, BOTH these functions just work! Photos take a few minutes to be approved and don't require any special requests!

I have had quite a few photos awaiting approval for weeks!

Some of which I have subsequently deleted already.

This discrimination is really p'ing me off!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

No, I had already uploaded my pics into that folder before I started this thread. This is specific to their experimentation with my ID.

@MC  -  time to leave Lithium in my very strong opinion!

(Even making the above "@MC - " took ridiculous effort as usual :-(      )

Krugie, contact me privately if you want to discuss more, I'm going off to sulk :-(

Trending

Maybe @Cya_DStv1 can advise what was done when your pics were approved? Maybe they need to be approved specificslly to be used for an avatar - which then placec them in an album called Profile - or something along those lines?

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

Just saw your last post - ok, so we discovered the same thing at the same time... it must require Mod intervention...

Red Carpet

@krugie, I think I've solved it, or part of it...

Remember the earlier Add Image discussion - at the bottom of My Profile, then leads to other related pages.

Well... have a look at my attachment here, should be self-explanitory. But I'm sure I never made a new folder.

And if it does work;

1. How the hell is anyone going to explain all this to new enquirers.

2. Looks like your pic will then need reloading, which may well then need reapproval.

Unbelievable. I want our old forum back!!

Trending

I think that album name has something to do with it. When I upload a new photo it allows me to create a new album - and I can call it Profile - but it doesn't have the (krugie) after the name- while yours does have your profile name as part of the album name. It's also not possible for me to create an album called Profile (krugie) - no spaces allowed in album names.

So somehow that album was created for you.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

@krugie, I'm fairly sure it wasn't there earlier and I'm certain the link we looked at a few posts back was definitely a new addition. No idea when it changed, but I had been fiddling for a while.

I've gone through all the My Settings possibilities, can't find anything related.

Trending

@Optimist - Not sure whether this pays a role but I see your approved pics are in an album called Profile (Optimist) - did you create the album or rename another one or was it already there? The only albums I have are Hidden (krugie) and Public (krugie) - and I uploaded my pic in the latter of the two.