cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

@Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

Red Carpet

Re: @Mods - avatar using our pics awaiting approval please

I see @MadCat  has now also met the BS "criteria" for this and has already set up a personalised avatar. Great if we've got a foot in the door now, but can't for the life of me figure out how this works.

As usual MC hardly communicates at all, yet expects all here to just hang around without any concerns. Ridiculous!

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Uel_MNice to see a custom Avatar congratulations

@OptimistNice Find B. Whether that was activated in error or intentional it is good to know that it can be done if they want to. 

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
BoxOffice

Interesting indeed - not that MC likely has any further interest in this.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Doccie

Ah ok I see. 

Yeah not to sound like an echo chamber but I really miss the old forum/way. Because of it I'm being forced to look into alternative options which I don't want to do.

| Windows 10 - Chrome Browser | Afrihost 8Mbps Capped ADSL | Explora |

Red Carpet

No, GeoffD and I can @Uel_M  , but we've been refusing to. Now that you're on board as well I'll probably use it, but MC must understand there's still strong objections to this childish rubbish when people are coming here for THEIR help...

Doccie

Yup ol' faithful Avatar Smiley Happy

So @Optimist even though you have some higher tier/rank than most of us on here, you can't change your pic? Weird.

Red Carpet

You're very welcome @Uel_M  Big Grin.jpg

Nice to see your avatar again, I remember it from the last forum.

For those who missed the development details - see the last post on the previous page.

Doccie

I didn't even realise that Avatar pics can be changed until now so thanks for the tag Smiley Happy

A while ago I tried but it got stuck on "Awaiting Approval" and then MC told me it's not possible until I reached a certain tier. So I forgot about it.

Anyway, I tried again now and by the looks of it, I've now got my custom Avatar.

Red Carpet

I've changed the thread title a bit from this post onwards as we no longer need approval for posted or uploaded pics themselves.

An interesting development - there's a third Forumite who is allowed to make their own choice of avatar's pic, maybe because it's user no. 99 which a developer picked as an interesting number for experimenting.

The person is @Uel_M  who is no different from most here re their profile;

https://community.dstv.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/99

Uel_M avatar usage ok.jpg

The way I found it was when looking at all the combined users' existing photo albums (incl. the Mods) which can be found here;

https://community.dstv.com/t5/media/v4/gallerypage/tab/albums/page/1

Uel_M avatar usage ok 2.jpg

Anyway, the point is that it can be offered to anyone and they have learnt how to do so, and are obviously withholding that.

Pathetic MC, yet again.

Red Carpet

Re: @Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

Thanks Jan, excellent find!

As such I have more to add.

MC - Many don't care about awards, some of us do in reverse though - as you've seen it's considered offensive.

Avatars - silly, nice things but hardly a carrot and the immaturity of it and the way you're handling your clients (directly or through someone like Lithium) is certainly offensive to some as well.

Pics - a complete disgrace, such manipulations are beyond ridiculous on a forum that includes tech-type help.

Some of the staff involved are one third of my age, do not try make me dance for you!

Grow-up Lithium & MC.