cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

@Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

Red Carpet

Re: @Mods - avatar pics awaiting approval please

I agree. I am NOT going to beg MC every time I need to post a picture or a photo to get it approved! It is ridiculous that this process is required at all, and should be automated in that a MOD should be alerted automatically to approve pics when required!
I say again, we are senior contributors over years to MC.
Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

Thank you for your feedback.

@Kagiso_DStv1 wrote:

Please alert us next time after uploading a pic.

No, can't do that - the whole point of my one post was to explain to you Mods that you need to monitor for that, it is standard practice on all regular forums everywhere in the world - please would you or your managers discuss the need to easily monitor that with Lithium. Thanks again.

@Optimist, we're sorry that we could not approve the pic on time. We have just approved. Please alert us next time after uploading a pic. Thanks for your latest post regarding rewards, we appreciate your continued feedback regarding the DStv Community page, we're looking at all this suggestions. 

Showmaxed

I've been closely examining the issue about rewards being involved, there's only one advantage I have (ignoring kudos, and I'm not that far ahead with those) - only I have earned the "250 Replies" badge.

Not exactly an achievement, only the OP of a thread doesn't click on a Reply button for the first post. They would do better to count real things.

Anyway, there's the most-possible answer if it is a factor. Shouldn't take long for the other Action guys to catch up ;-)

Showmaxed

@Mods  -  I'm truly not looking to be a thorn in your side, but some things really have to get improved if this forum is ever to be respected enough.

I'm now referring to the fact that no pics are or ever have been examined for approval until we ask for that. It's the Mods' duty to monitor for things requiring moderation approval or denial.

Examples - no pics ever posted on threads have been approved in the history of this forum, and I have had a new pic in my albums for quite some time now with no attention given.

I can only presume that Lithium hasn't shown our Mods how to do this regular task that all Mods everywhere have to also do.

I will be posting reminders if need be. Constantly.

Many thanks

Showmaxed

@Cya_DStv1, perhaps you've missed this request so far? As per my attachment I see @krugie's further pic approval requirement has not yet been done.

Red Carpet

@Optimist wrote:

This does work: https://community.dstv.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/27/tab/albums

And I can still see your pic in its new folder, so it is still approved and so doing another pic may be the only way to get them to work properly on it further.

Ok that is strange since I uploaded it from scratch - I didn't just move it. But I have uploaded a different pic for approval.. let's see...

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

Agreed, but sadly if we don't try what we can then little is likely to change. However, we're all getting really tired of it. Maybe that's what MC are hoping for, that we'll go away...

That link, and my previous way to get to your pics doesn't work now, I think due to the Public folder now being empty.

This does work: https://community.dstv.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/27/tab/albums

And I can still see your pic in its new folder, so it is still approved and so doing another pic may be the only way to get them to work properly on it further.

Red Carpet

I have actually lost interest in this @Optimist since a simple hing like an avatar should not require this much work and effort - if any at all. Smiley LOL I strongly feel it should be a default feature available to all.

However, I have created a new folder - I can only call it Profile - not Profile (krugie) - and have now uploaded the avatar into that folder. Let see what happens when/if @Cya_DStv1 approves it. 

The image is at https://community.dstv.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/27/album-id/106/image-id/495i93AA27572C18C10...

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Showmaxed

@krugie, your Public folder name has changed, now also has your name in brackets after a space - see attached file.

But a new one I made at the start of this thread has not changed, so methinks someone from them has been fiddling with yours...

If still interested maybe try making the avatar folder called "Profile", putting a new pic in it (or a copy of your avatar with a different name), and asking to have it approved.