Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

New Symbol in Red on some posts?

11 REPLIES 11
Showmaxed

Re: New Symbol in Red on some posts?

I've been looking further into this, have a new theory;

Look at the first column of numbers - that's for how many replies there are, presumably related to each person involved (sequential clicking on their post's reply button and on those that follow on with that "rhythm") - so based on that and what I additionally looked at the red symbol now appears to be related to 10 or more (or over 10) replies.

Pointless info IMO, who cares about the lineage created by any individual's involvement?

I suppose that's of some interest to the company hosting the forum though.

Highlighted
Showmaxed

New info - I've just seen the red symbol;

It's an area I've never visited before - in the profile pages there's links for getting more info about kudos given and received, this pic mostly involves the standard "kudos given to posts".

But there still doesn't seem to be any obvious clue as to why there's a use of red symbols.

symbol in red - forum.jpg

Red Carpet

See my thread on tips about this community for a link to get all unread posts.

Then Opitimist use the "All posts" option at the bottom of each page on the community, which I can't get to work. I see the red symbol on any way that I access the community.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

Now the method I use isn't working from those links!! MC please take note and fix!

Instead, that now just takes one to the top of the page being viewed...

Here's my bookmarked link for it though, that still works;

https://community.dstv.com/t5/forums/recentPostspage

Sorry for the derailment Geoff.

Showmaxed

@Luke7777 wrote:

Still don't know how to get that listing....

Geoff's way: https://community.dstv.com/t5/forums/unreadpostspage/tab/message:full

My way: click on "All Posts" at the bottom of any forum page (doesn't work for Geoff on his Chrome etc.).

BoxOffice

Still don't know how to get that listing....

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

Well spotted Luke - Geoff and I use different methods of catching up posts and I see the listing difference now, so looks like it's not re my earlier point. (I also hadn't bothered to take notice of that thread's title.)

Geoff, have you maybe tried marking everything as read on the homepage? I now think this could mean there's a ton of unread posts in that thread.

Red Carpet

I first saw it on my tablet, immediately after a Chrome update. then checked my laptop -  it had not yet had a chrome update and no show, then the very next day, there it is.  And MS Edge showed it shortly after. So, it could be a feature very much dependent on the version of html5.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

The thread started in April, but is very much active Smiley Happy  Could be indicating unread ... problem is on my side I don't get a page looking like that ...

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

Correction - mine was posts that got mixed up in one thread, not a list of threads' order mixed up. But I would think related.