Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

REQUEST: DSTV Now on Apple TV Suggestions

SOLVED
5 REPLIES 5
New poster

Re: REQUEST: DSTV Now on Apple TV Suggestions

I have a new Apple TV box gen4 and have downloaded the DStv Now app. When I try to play , a message repeatedly comes on saying that 'this device is registered to a different user. Please remove this device from the other account'. Frustrating me no end. Please help

Community Manager

Hi @sshg123, we've passed on your suggestion to the team. They have advised that PIP is also on the roadmap. Hopefully they will be able to provide that functionality to our customers this year as well.

Highlighted
New poster

Hi there,

Really good to see DSTV engage with user suggestions. Glad to see #1 and #2 will be showing up soon - like with all suggestions, I think these two will help keep us glued to our DSTV now app for longer.

I also have a few more suggestions for future releases down the line. Seeing as DSTV Now is an online based platform, I really think the possibilities to enhance the viewing experiences are endless. I have attached simple UX examples I created for potential Picture in Picture features and a Quick Guide Interface. Maybe one day they too will make it to the App.

In the mean time, keep up the good work guys. 

@sshg123 - received feedback from our apps team. 

Suggestions #1, #2 is already on the roadmap, should be available in the upcoming weeks.

Suggestion #3 has some dependencies to make it happen, but we are working on it and putting lots of importance on the streaming quality, incl. frame rate.

Hi @sshg123 - thank you for sending us your suggestions, we appreciate that Smiley Happy. We've shared them with our Apps team for consideration, who knows, they might make it to the app!

New poster

REQUEST: DSTV Now on Apple TV Suggestions

Hi Guys,

Like many, I'm glad to see the DSTV Now App come to the Apple TV and other platforms. It's a good start, however, a few user interface tweaks (specifically for the Apple TV) could make the experience much more enjoyable. Here are some suggestions:

1) When you're watching a channel, the ability to swipe left or right on the Siri remote to go to the next / previous channel would be a big help. Saves a whole bunch of clicks to do something a simple as changing the channel. 

2) When watching a channel, swiping up on the Siri remote should reveal an overlay of other channels or the TV Guide. This would make it easier to look for other things to watch without having to leave the currently streaming channel. This might help make the experience feel more continuous and lively. 

3) Streaming quality is decent, but when it comes to sports, streaming at low frame rates is noticeable and makes the platform feel inferior when compared to watching through a decoder. Have sports stream at 60 frames per second (and of course eventually 60 frames per second in 4K) would be a huge incentive driver for any future plans to have a standalone streaming service. 

Anyways, that's my two cents. I hope these suggestions make it to the app one day.