Welcome to Guidelines

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

So, What Were We Promised With This New Community?

Doccie

Re: So, What Were We Promised With This New Community?

@Beetle wrote:

Ok. Thanks for the feedback @Genesistt. Apologies to @Grace_DStv1 for my earlier post. Just pleased that at least this problem has been resolved.

Believe it or not, FedEx just delivered a guide!  Granted, the name on the envelope was COMPLETELY wrong, but the address was right and it was delivered and my mom finally has her guide.  Now let's see if we get it every month.  Thank you, @Grace_DStv1, for actually making work of the battle I and my mom have been fighting since May.  It is appreciated!

Doin' it 4 Tv

Ok. Thanks for the feedback @Genesistt. Apologies to @Grace_DStv1 for my earlier post. Just pleased that at least this problem has been resolved.

Doccie

Just to give some feedback, yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon someone from MC actually phoned my mom and said they would send my mom her Dish today. Nothing came today, but if it was only couriered today it might only arrive tomorrow. Let's see. I will keep you guys posted. 

Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

I notice there was a post by @Genesistt stating how upset they were because of the non delivery of the Dish Magazine. This was on Tuesday. @Grace_DStv1 then replied that they understood the frustration and would be supplying an answer "before close of business tomorrow, you will have your feedback. Apologies for the long wait". Tomorrow in this instance would have been Wednesday. It is now THURSDAY and unless there has been some private communications between the two parties I do not see this promised feedback anywhere here? Then people want to know why most here are saying this Community Forum is a waste of time?

Showmaxed

One thing we need to do is remember that the old forum wasn't doing well, although far better than here - MC closed the doors on much of the feedback, mostly due to very negative policy changes in the last few months there.

MC also insist on fighting DIY, which now appears to be official policy. A terrible mistake, you can't manipulate reality MC. And a key component of this "forum's" future success, if any...

Every time you've made major changes to the forums it's been worse MC, you're still listening to the wrong people.

BoxOffice

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @Genesistt - MC Mods are here, and will step in from time-to-time. We appreciate your sentiment and history around the old forum which was a customer touch-point. However, it has been replaced with the DStv Community Forum, and its main objective is to encourage customer-to-customer engagement. Any issues you might have, post them here and experts like yourself will help, so will we. 

You, or those that you report to, don't seem to get it.. there is no "sentiment and history" around the old forum  ... it's about the foolhardiness of MC replacing a fully functional forum with this rubish. The old one was 80-90% customer to customer in any case, so absolutely NO benefits here

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix
and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
Showmaxed

Dear MC Customer Touchpoint Representative (Grace in this case) - please ask MC to stop trying to deny the obvious facts, many thanks.

The biggest mistake made was taking those from the public who did help for granted, it's rare to find such people that are well educated re factors of this service, and willing and able to assist.
This country / continent is also not used to badges and the likes as "rewards", good luck with that.
If you want the Lithium model to work to any degree MC, stop manipulating (poor as the attempt may be), say thank you for those who are still around despite your mistakes, and get on with helping as best as you can with fingers crossed re how it may naturally develop.

@Genesistt - your frustration is understood Smiley Sad. We're busy checking with the team involved in order to resolve this matter. Before end of business tomorrow, you will have your feedback. Apologies for the long wait. 

Doccie

Don't make promises you can't keep.  I tried sorting out an issue I was having with DSTV not sending my mother her DSTV Dish (she's a senior citizen and still supposed to get one).  I got a "we'll forward it to the team" and "she'll get a book with the next batch".  Nothing ever came of anything and I've tried PM-ing the moderator 3 or 4 times since then with just no answer or feedback.  So this is a problem that the rest of the community can't fix and the moderators are just flatout ignoring, because why would you bother.  If I sound peed off, it's because I am! 

Hi @Genesistt - MC Mods are here, and will step in from time-to-time. We appreciate your sentiment and history around the old forum which was a customer touch-point. However, it has been replaced with the DStv Community Forum, and its main objective is to encourage customer-to-customer engagement. Any issues you might have, post them here and experts like yourself will help, so will we.