Welcome to Guidelines

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

So, What Were We Promised With This New Community?

Doccie

Re: So, What Were We Promised With This New Community?

@Optimist wrote:

Here you've perhaps hit on this forum's biggest potential issue - we visually see a number of the Mods making a fair effort, but do they have the teeth to ensure follow-through or are their initial or later reminder requests pushed aside as it's easy for others more senior involved to do so?

Certainly too many reported issues do not bare any fruit. Such as the software issues on this forum...

On the old forum we had people like Marietjie, Nic and Natasha, things mostly got done if they could be.

Here there are a few dedicated managers involved as well, and I have seen that at least two of them are around regularly, but who knows the details of the role they actually play and they don't really seem to have much in the teeth department either given the results...

So here's a question for you MC - not IF, but rather WHEN can we have a senior representative ALWAYS on hand for our forum sourced customer needs please??

At the same time, the Mods also need to make even more effort as a number of threads still go unanswered. Yesterday's example is some person who had an E50 error on their decoder and pleaded for help - but there was no answer.

A good start would be getting @Genesistt sorted out, today.

Well, so far nobody's done nothing about nothing.  Useless.  And then Multichoice wonders why people are giving up their subscriptions. 

BoxOffice

Here you've perhaps hit on this forum's biggest potential issue - we visually see a number of the Mods making a fair effort, but do they have the teeth to ensure follow-through or are their initial or later reminder requests pushed aside as it's easy for others more senior involved to do so?

Certainly too many reported issues do not bare any fruit. Such as the software issues on this forum...

On the old forum we had people like Marietjie, Nic and Natasha, things mostly got done if they could be.

Here there are a few dedicated managers involved as well, and I have seen that at least two of them are around regularly, but who knows the details of the role they actually play and they don't really seem to have much in the teeth department either given the results...

So here's a question for you MC - not IF, but rather WHEN can we have a senior representative ALWAYS on hand for our forum sourced customer needs please??

At the same time, the Mods also need to make even more effort as a number of threads still go unanswered. Yesterday's example is some person who had an E50 error on their decoder and pleaded for help - but there was no answer.

A good start would be getting @Genesistt sorted out, today.

Doccie

Hello dear forum friends! 

The saga of the broken promises go on.  So after my last toy throwing, @Kagiso_DStv1 private messaged me, he checked and low and behold, the delivery address for our Dish was (wait for it!) NEVER CHANGED!!!  So he said it was changed.  When I dared to ask when I would get my August magazine, I was told I would only get the September magazine, as the batches go out end of the month and it was already the 5th August, so the next batch would only be sent out end of August. 

Well, here we are.  31 August.  Guess what I got??!?!?!?!  Nothing!  Bupkis!  No magazine at my old delivery address.  No magazine at my new address!  Yet another promise not fulfilled! 

You know what really really really pisses me off? Every time I throw my toys out the cot, my mother gets a phone call from someone at Multichoice that apologises profusely and promises that from now on things will go right.  From now on every month she will get her magazine. 

And it just doesn't happen!!!! 

I have had to print out the stupid book the last 2 or 3 months!  Why exactly do we pay almost R1000 a month? 

If it actually happens that I get our Dish today I will eat my hat!

Doccie

So, as I mentioned 3 weeks ago, we had a Dish magazine delivered to my office (addressed to a name I have no idea where they got it) and one to my mom's house.

We are now in August.  And nothing!  No August Dish has been delivered at either my office or our house address.  Here we go again........

Doccie

@ltshizane_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @Genesistt , apologies for the delay, we are still engaging with the team responsible for magazines, we will let you know as soon as the matter is resolved.~

@ltshizane_DStv1I received a Dish this morning.  It was delivered at my office.  Granted, the name the delivery was made out to was completely wrong, but it arrived at the correct address.

Hi @Genesistt , apologies for the delay, we are still engaging with the team responsible for magazines, we will let you know as soon as the matter is resolved.~

Doccie

@Genesistt wrote:

@Beetle wrote:

Ok. Thanks for the feedback @Genesistt. Apologies to @Grace_DStv1 for my earlier post. Just pleased that at least this problem has been resolved.

Believe it or not, FedEx just delivered a guide!  Granted, the name on the envelope was COMPLETELY wrong, but the address was right and it was delivered and my mom finally has her guide.  Now let's see if we get it every month.  Thank you, @Grace_DStv1, for actually making work of the battle I and my mom have been fighting since May.  It is appreciated!

And that, fellow Forumites is a fairy story and the thanks expressed by Genesistt is from the heart! Well done Grace_Dstv

Skill is a trade.
Tags (1)
Doccie

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @Genesistt - MC Mods are here, and will step in from time-to-time. We appreciate your sentiment and history around the old forum which was a customer touch-point. However, it has been replaced with the DStv Community Forum, and its main objective is to encourage customer-to-customer engagement. Any issues you might have, post them here and experts like yourself will help, so will we. 

We, the customers, that's paying hard earned money to you, the service(or lack there of) providers, are warned not to post insults, etc. which we obviously agree to, there is no need for that type of behaviour. So, why then are we being treated like we are idiots by MC and their representatives? There are some problems that the, as you point out, "experts", even when they try their best, cannot solve. Most of us are electronically challenged when it comes to the fickle business of satellite signal delivery, and I am sure that there are loads of Forumites that have been assisted by them, for which we are grateful. But, alas, at some point MC needs to step up and provide the service that we are paying for. Promises, promises, promises, " we'll get back to you" "the technicians are working on a solution" "be patient". Blah, blah, blah! Lip service. If I treated my clients/customers this way, I'm sure that my business would have folded long ago. A case in point: "M-Net migration/4U decoder/recording of programmes, the last post (that I can find) was on 2018-05-08. I've had verbal promises that a solution is imminent, but after many weeks, there are no up-dates from MC as to the progress made thus far. I have send e-mails to the CEO@Dstv- Mike Thompson replied, "I will be in touch as soon as I get the green light" He responded by phone when I prompted by sending another e-mail, "I have the go ahead to supply you with a pvr and the technicians are working on the M-Net signal conversion. That was weeks ago.

I have since send more e-mails to "CEO@Dstv; Grace Letaoana(I presume that is you);Puseletso Smith;MNetMigrations;Rashida Adams; Nontsikelelo Mangena. Promises.............................................

Now, no-one is contacting me anymore, all I get is an automated response. I will now guage the effectiveness of this Forum by the response, (and quality thereof) I get.

SKILL IS A TRADE.

Skill is a trade.
Highlighted
Doccie

@Beetle wrote:

Ok. Thanks for the feedback @Genesistt. Apologies to @Grace_DStv1 for my earlier post. Just pleased that at least this problem has been resolved.

Believe it or not, FedEx just delivered a guide!  Granted, the name on the envelope was COMPLETELY wrong, but the address was right and it was delivered and my mom finally has her guide.  Now let's see if we get it every month.  Thank you, @Grace_DStv1, for actually making work of the battle I and my mom have been fighting since May.  It is appreciated!

Action