Welcome to Guidelines

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

So, What Were We Promised With This New Community?

31 REPLIES 31
Nominee

Re: So, What Were We Promised With This New Community?

The troll may want to see this: Revisiting copy-once re 4 & 5 series decoders

Nominee

Huh??

Read again - was trying to help, not hinder you, and you obviously haven't seen my mass of complaints to MC around the forum. But anyway, think what you want with your preconceptions and I'll see to it that I don't "bother" you again.

People like you only see black or white, but there's many good things that come from this service as well.

Doccie

@Optimist wrote:

I think you misunderstood man, Cya seems to be saying that they did see all your threads and replied where they thought there was a need.

However, there are some other threads which need(ed) help which have not had attention, including some from me. So no, not an accurate enough statement for the larger picture here.

That said, that problem was also typical on the old forum.

@Optimist, how are you? Still sticking up for the very people that you complain about. I don't know what you're smoking, but you "seem" to know what the mods ARE NOT saying. I think we should let these mods answer and respond to queries from subscribers who paid up front for a "service" which has major short-comings. If they cannot stand the heat then they must get out of the kitchen!

Skill is a trade.
Nominee

I think you misunderstood man, Cya seems to be saying that they did see all your threads and replied where they thought there was a need.

However, there are some other threads which need(ed) help which have not had attention, including some from me. So no, not an accurate enough statement for the larger picture here.

That said, that problem was also typical on the old forum.

Doccie

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @Metallicson

While we always strive to assist with getting all queries resolved, we do apologise if we have not been of any assistance to you. Been looking through your past correspondence, there are no threads created that we can see and did not intervene where there was a need as the other members can also agree. However, we would love to help on any issue that you may have so we can do our best to attend to it.

@Cya_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @Metallicson

While we always strive to assist with getting all queries resolved, we do apologise if we have not been of any assistance to you. Been looking through your past correspondence, there are no threads created that we can see and did not intervene where there was a need as the other members can also agree. However, we would love to help on any issue that you may have so we can do our best to attend to it.

Hi Mod Cya_DStv1. Thank you for taking the time to 1) read my post, and 2) searching for a thread, although you were unsuccessful in finding several, and 3) replying. To refer back to the post, I was merely sympathising with a fellow Forumite who posted regarding "This New Community" I am intrigued that you could not find any of my threads. If you are interested in following up, reply to this post and I will repost with the details. Have a nice day!

Skill is a trade.
Doin' it 4 Tv

Hi @Metallicson

Doccie

@Genesistt wrote:

You want to know what really grates my cheese?  Well, what else, I should probably say. 

I just got one of those automated emails from this forum asking "Did you get the answer you needed". 

It said "Did it solve your problem? Click here to view the replies and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!"

How about giving me a button where I can say "No, I didn't get any help whatsoever and I'm still as frustrated as ever"!!!

I get the feeling that these "Accepted Solution" buttons are this forum's way of shutting down an issue.  Just take it away, because nobody will ever use it.

Well, my fellow Forumites, accept the inevitable. Please do not think that "Non-Service Delivery" is restricted to governmental services only. Babylon, or should I correct myself, South Africa, as we knew it, has fallen. The time for miracles have passed. There is no light at the end of the tunnel, and no Mods to answer or help with queries. They have left the ship after seeing the writing on the wall. HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN!

Skill is a trade.
Doccie

You want to know what really grates my cheese?  Well, what else, I should probably say. 

I just got one of those automated emails from this forum asking "Did you get the answer you needed". 

It said "Did it solve your problem? Click here to view the replies and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!"

How about giving me a button where I can say "No, I didn't get any help whatsoever and I'm still as frustrated as ever"!!!

I get the feeling that these "Accepted Solution" buttons are this forum's way of shutting down an issue.  Just take it away, because nobody will ever use it.

Doin' it 4 Tv

Yes Optimist. I must say that I agree with you regarding your last two posts in this thread. Not being a "technical" person I find myself no longer visiting here on a daily basis as I used to elsewhere. Just come visit every now and again to see if there's been any improvements or if perhaps there's something of interest to read. 

Krugie and JeanP, perhaps one or two others, are trying to keep those logging in to this Community informed re new/returning shows while yourself, GeoffD and JanHorn are bravely fighting on trying to improve this Community Forum and assisting subscribers with their problems. 

What is most shocking about this Community Forum is that it's been running for a good few months now and NOT ONCE am I aware of ANY MC REPRESENTATIVE making ANY sort of comment here. 

Oh, this is now the second time I'm posting something like this. Did so yesterday but that message is ........ lost?

Nominee

Unbelievable!

Every day I find less reason to be here, chatting with friends is about all that's left.