Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Spam Flood Controls

5 REPLIES 5
Nominee

Re: Spam Flood Controls

Playing up again, but worse now!!

It's one thing when a post is put on moderation with this rubbish excessive caution, quite another when it's chucked into the rejected section!!!!

Hell MC, what's it going to take for you to service YOUR forum??!?

Red Carpet

I ran foul of this blasted setting again today!!!!!!

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Nominee

Before I disappear down my hole, I want to tackle this IMO last of the major concerns one last time.

It's no secret that some of us don't like Lithium, they've come here and made our forum involvement a far worse experience. Perhaps they are open to input though, they are at least teaching MC to "hug your haters" which is far better than some of MC's rude behaviour in the past. And the forum hasn't collapsed into anarchy because there's almost no moderation...

Anyway, the point that needs examining here is that there's no justification for these spam controls either, and since Lithium appears to be calling the shots in cases like this I'm appealing directly to their representatives - kindly put our needs first, at worst you can easily revisit this IF spam does actually become a problem here.

Some feedback would be very welcome, and surely sensible...

And please consider hosting this site on our local soil, it really is irritatingly slow.

Highlighted
Red Carpet

This ridiculous problem still persists! MC has done nothing about getting this rather simple irritation sorted out!  Man Mad Man Mad Man Frustrated

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Nominee

Or turn the bl00dy thing off, was never needed on the old forum! :-(

Red Carpet

Spam Flood Controls

So I have done the research into the issue relating messages being deleted and placed into auto moderation.

The issue is related to a setting called "Spam Flood Controls".

The default setting is 1 post per 60 seconds, which if exceeded by any one for any reason will result in the post triggering it being placed into moderation.

Another Community with an active Community Manager has opted for the following settings to strike a balance between Spam control and users who tend to edit a message too quickly.  These are the recommended settings:

A few months ago, I examined our flood controls to see how we could improve to stop the onslaught of spam we were facing. After a lot of testing, we settled on 2 posts in 1 minute, 5 posts in 10 minutes and 20 posts in 30 minutes. We have to allow 2 posts/minute because if a user forgot a label on their post, or accidentally clicked the post button more than once, etc they would trigger the flood controls. So far, this seems to be working for us.

Also, I have not noticed any changes after the 18.2 release in Production.

So MC I have done the research, now All you have to do is to get the Community Manager responsible to make the adjustments!