Did you mean: 
Need help?

Very disillusioned

3 REPLIES 3
Red Carpet

Re: Very disillusioned

@MadCat wrote:

Snip ..........

We are also being told that a CU schedule cannot be provided because "The Catch Up teams are undergoing a transformation, and it is not possible to deliver reliable and accurate schedules at this time but we will consider it in future." Really?!? This is not how service delivery works. When there is a change in my municipality, they don't all of a sudden stop supplying water / electricity / etc. - most of the time I'm not even aware that there was something happening internally. Service delivery should continue irrespective of what is happening within the MC walls.

Snip ......

Are you serious?  Is this the answer given to you why reliable and accurate schedules are not available?  Unbelievable!

So the conclusion is that "Transformation" is equivalent to "Mediocrity, inefficiency   and an excuse for poor service delivery?"

And that MC will in future only consider delivering the services subscribers pay for!

Never mind MC, don't answer, we know what the answer is and that is why the whole of SA is sliding into a sinkhole ........

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
Doin' it 4 Tv

So things don't seem to be getting any better...

With regards to the forum, not only am I still not able to load a photo for my avatar, it has now been pointed out that photos I load in my posts are not visable. This is completely pathetic! I know from past experience that MC treats me like I'm delusional when I report issues with their hardware / software / whatever (MC is perfect after all), so I post photos as proof. Interestingly, MC can post photos.

And on this point, given that MC seems to want to disown the forum, it's interesting how much advertising is found here. Home page is very annoyingly busy. And now there are posts that include 1 sentance with a photo, e.g. https://community.dstv.com/t5/What-s-On/The-Good-Doctor/td-p/1149. This for me is a waste of space / time. If I wanted to see / read this, I would go to Dstv.com. The Highlights are what we require, with timely updates, not random single posts.

With regards to getting replies from MC on the forum: when we do get a response for something, it seems to be very vague or completely off topic. Even a yes or no question, can't be answered simply. I consider myself fairly intelligent, but I get very confused by MC's replies.

The service delivery on both scheduling and CU, for me anyway, are just getting worse by the day. I'm not about to threaten to cancel everything (cutting off my nose to spite my face and all that), but I'll keep complaining and being generally annoying. I'm getting increasingly frustrated by MC's use of excuses to get out of taking responsiblity for poor service delivery. Use of lack of space (CU on Explora), content rights, connectivity / CU+, only goes so far, and I no longer believe them when they use these to not provide services requested. Be proactive and find solutions to the things we keep complaining about.

We are still awaiting Highlights for 116 and it's the middle of the month. I find it completely bizarre that the MC channels can't talk to each other - does no one at 116 (and 103) have email connectivity or own a cell phone? It puzzles me that when we request info regarding these channels, MC can't seem to find anyone working there. If Kim Jong Un can cross the DMZ to have a chat, surely MC can make more of an effort to communicate with themselves.

On inter channel communication, I also believe scheduling could be a lot better if the local MC channels communicated / cooperated with each other. The overlapping scheduling on shows like Jane the Virgin and Sleeply Hollow, which only have a single repeat (which also overlap) and is not available on CU, makes life very difficult for viewers. Also, the much complained about on the hour starting times on 101 and on the half hour starting time on 103, causing recording issues, made an unwanted reappearance after the addition of  The River. It's like MC wants to make our lives difficult. TV is supposed to be fun and relaxing.

We are also being told that a CU schedule cannot be provided because "The Catch Up teams are undergoing a transformation, and it is not possible to deliver reliable and accurate schedules at this time but we will consider it in future." Really?!? This is not how service delivery works. When there is a change in my municipality, they don't all of a sudden stop supplying water / electricity / etc. - most of the time I'm not even aware that there was something happening internally. Service delivery should continue irrespective of what is happening within the MC walls.

I'm sure I'll have more to say sooner rather than later, but that is it for now.

Red Carpet

@MadCatwrote:

Not been here for a couple of days, and checking in this morning, and reading the annoying emails I'm still receiving, I find myself very disillusioned by the new forum.

I knew to expect changes, but this platform for me is not at all user friendly. I hate, yes hate, quite a few of the new things we now have to deal with. And being told we are basically on our own - Remember, this is not another Customer Care platform but rather a home for user-driven-solutions. We will step in from time-to-time but for the most part, this is your platform - has greatly saddened me. So, essentially, the old forum was closed down (using the old link lands you here), by MC so the could disown us.

Given the above MC quote - if I was able to load what I wanted on CU and schedule programming, trust me, I would. But these are issues beyond my control and require MC assistance to solve, so not really sure how users on this platform are going to do that.

I am not a teenager any more and find both Twitter and FB a waste of my time, so if this is the only way MC now wants to communicate with me, guess they no longer want my input.

Yes I certainly feel equally disillusioned. Nothing like what MoM's announcement claimed it would be. 

There is no such thing as a platform that leaves us on our own. This IS a Customer Care Platform like it or not MC.  If this is not a Customer Care Platform, where are the on line platforms then?  At best, this is an officially MC recognised Customer Care Platform, possibly enhanced by customer interactions and their own problem solving.  

If MC does not see it like that, then please do us all a favour and shut it down now, completely. Why spend the money on a lithium based platform then? Leave it all Facebook and Twitter.

And I fully agree with and associate myself with your statement about Facebook and Twitter.  Neither will EVER be used by me.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

Very disillusioned

Not been here for a couple of days, and checking in this morning, and reading the annoying emails I'm still receiving, I find myself very disillusioned by the new forum.

I knew to expect changes, but this platform for me is not at all user friendly. I hate, yes hate, quite a few of the new things we now have to deal with. And being told we are basically on our own - Remember, this is not another Customer Care platform but rather a home for user-driven-solutions. We will step in from time-to-time but for the most part, this is your platform - has greatly saddened me. So, essentially, the old forum was closed down (using the old link lands you here), by MC so the could disown us.

Given the above MC quote - if I was able to load what I wanted on CU and schedule programming, trust me, I would. But these are issues beyond my control and require MC assistance to solve, so not really sure how users on this platform are going to do that.

I am not a teenager any more and find both Twitter and FB a waste of my time, so if this is the only way MC now wants to communiate with me, guess they no longer want my input.