Welcome to the Community!

SOLVED
Doin' it 4 Tv

Re: Welcome to the Community!

It's not just you mine also slowish
--Explora 1 & 2a--
Doccie

Unfortunately I've seen this sort of design a lot lately, lots of space taken up with a little bit of content, designed for phones basically. I'm going to have to try fiddling with various settings on this page and the zoom levels etc, as this is a bit frustrating. Notifications keep repeating too and it's not the easiest to keep track of new posts

BoxOffice

How's the response speed for all of you? Not sure if it's my old PC.

No, not going to get used to this place in a hurry. It honestly feels like we've somehow gone backwards, the old forum is so much smoother and intuitive... :-/

*Gone*

BoxOffice

Agree!  Too much of the displayed page is taken up with white spaces and unwanted content!  Going to sorely miss the condensed, easy to read and see ALL the posts about a topic in a concise display

GeoffD

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Romance

@Luke7777wrote:
1. Homepage : Select More Topics takes you to All Posts

It would be nice if that listed the topics that had been recently replied to, like the old forum did.  But at least it's a way to see the latest posts.

Although that doesn't appear to be the "Latest Posts" component that's referred to in the settings.

2. How do you quote a post in order to respond

After you click on Reply you can click on Quote, which will insert the post.  There doesn't seem to be an easy way to break up the quoted post though - I had to switch to HTML in the editor to do it.

EDIT: Looks like you worked out how to do it. Smiley Happy

Action

@Citanulwrote:

Another home page issue - I've selected "Show the Latest Posts component" in the Home Page section of My Preferences, but I still only see topics.

1. Homepage : Select More Topics takes you to All Posts

2. How do you quote a post in order to respond

(My) Answer : Quick Reply on the post you want to quote, type your message and Enter. Edit it again, select Quote in the top right and it will insert the post you replied on. Have no idea how (if) multi-quote is going to work

3.  Posts not numbered, so you can't 'point' anyone to a specific post 

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

Why isn't there any central place to keep an eye on what's newly posted??

EDIT: I think that's what @Citanul meant as well.

I've currently got 3 windows open, to keep sight of new posts in "Discussions", "Bogs" and "About The Community".

And there's no refresh button, gotta keep using Ctrl + F5.

Otherwise... can see the effort that's gone into all of this - thanks for that.

Romance

Another home page issue - I've selected "Show the Latest Posts component" in the Home Page section of My Preferences, but I still only see topics.

Doccie

@Grace_DStv1wrote:

Welcome to our new home, nice to see familiar Forumites Smiley Happy

Simply sign in to the community.

Go to My Settings > Avatars.

Click From the Community or From Uploaded Images.

Click the image to use as your personal avatar.

Shout if you need help. 

avatar.jpgNo Option to upload custom avatar.

3 Explora 2`s |HD PVR 2P | Am Very Lost In The Community giphy-downsized

Highlighted
Doccie

"Go to the top right corner and click on Profile, next to your current Avatar you'll see the edit tab. After that go to the Choose another avatar tab. "

Hi - I've tried this a number of times, but the only options for changing avatar are "From the Community", ie the standard ones, whereas previously in this thread we were advised that there would also be an "Uploaded Images" one, or something like that. You guys with admin rights may have that option, but please check if that is disabled for regular users as the advice we are getting on this is not working.