Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Welcome to the Community!

SOLVED
Action

Re: Welcome to the Community!

Well this Forum has been up and running, sort of, for over a month now and in that time I'm afraid I've seen little to no improvements with it. Issues raised re profile photos, layout and some other complaints have not been attended to. Or not as far as I can see anyway.

All this site does is act as a "postman" between subscribers, or the older forumites, and Multichoice. Ask a question re a programme and we get the reply that whoever is running this site will forward the question/request to someone else and come back with the answer. Eventually. If at all. Apart from this sort of query this site provides absolutely NOTHING!!!!

Regulars to the old site who would, for want of a better word, willingly give of their time and knowledge in trying to help others who had problems are rapidly falling by the wayside here and are becoming less and less interested in helping anymore. People like Optimist and GeoffD amongst others.

My question to those running this site is DOES MULTICHOICE REPRESENTATIVES PERUSE THIS SITE AT ALL or do they simply rely on feedback from yourselves?

I wonder if someone that we all respect from the old site will be informed of what our feelings regarding this site are and if she'd care to make some sort of comment here for us? MC Marietjie Groenewald?

New poster

[

This forum is such a disaster it doesnt matter if its a “soft” or “hard” opening. 

Its actually laughable. 

This forum I’d say is 90% unusable and unintelligent. 

I was just at the old forum. Its like that forum is “with the current times” and this forum was built in 1995. 

How to you go from that to this sh1te?]

Could not agree more, you can only see one post per screen - my pc screen, like going back to Sub A/Gr 1

Action

@Citanulwrote:

@Optimistwrote:

Quite a few have asked about this and AFAIK nobody has worked this out except you.

Actually, I can't take credit for this.  Someone else discovered it and mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I forget who.

Me !!!  Smiley Happy

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

@RyanDavidwrote:

I can only hope this isn't going live to a larger audience soon, we may have lost a working forum and gained a half-built shell, but the one small consolation is it's a 'soft launch' I guess. I think even MC's biggest fans and employees would agree this isn't ready for the big time.

It is actually basically already live since anyone trying to access the old forum will be directed here and will be able to register and it has been advertised in a recent newsletter.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Anime

This forum is such a disaster it doesnt matter if its a “soft” or “hard” opening. 

Its actually laughable. 

This forum I’d say is 90% unusable and unintelligent. 

I was just at the old forum. Its like that forum is “with the current times” and this forum was built in 1995. 

How to you go from that to this sh1te?

Highlighted
Doccie

Checking back in after another 10 days... seems the issues with basic functionality referenced in this thread are still not resolved.

Ah well, will try sometime in the future. I can only hope this isn't going live to a larger audience soon, we may have lost a working forum and gained a half-built shell, but the one small consolation is it's a 'soft launch' I guess. I think even MC's biggest fans and employees would agree this isn't ready for the big time.

Anime

Seems the normal only MC special kind of retard came up with the idea for this new forum and the completely unintelligent design/interface. 

This new forum is a joke. 

Anime

Could one of the DStv representatives tell us where would be an appropriate place to note EPG errors? This was an especially useful function of the old forum.

BoxOffice

Meh!  The placement at the bottom of a long list is useless in my opinion.  It should be placed at the top of the Community pages right next to the "notifications" symbol to be of any general use.

• In other words, a button at the top of the pages, next to the "notifications" button maybe called "Posts", with a drop down list, for "All", and then one for each sub-forum. That would really make it useful.

I find the "Home" page pretty much something to avoid at all costs anyway.

And yes I saw the original reference to it as well and discounted it for general use  fairly quickly.

But good for reminding us of its existence.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Romance

@Optimistwrote:

Quite a few have asked about this and AFAIK nobody has worked this out except you.

Actually, I can't take credit for this.  Someone else discovered it and mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I forget who.