Did you mean: 
Need help?

Welcome to the Community!

SOLVED
BoxOffice

Re: Welcome to the Community!

Thanks, found it. For others, there's another sub menu involved;

In Settings > Preferences > Display > Display dates as

Next concern - why are there no post counts visible except in one's Profile page?

If it's another setting, should be on by default.

1. Enquirers need to know who's who in the zoo re experience and involvement.

2. Need to be able to easily see when Mods are messing with our posts (too often unfairly in the past, as was proven).

Think I'll spend the weekend on the old forum since I can...

Romance

@Optimistwrote:

EDIT: And no proper date / time stamp on the posts :-(

You can change that.  In Settings > Display > Display dates as there's the option for absolute dates.

BoxOffice

Here's how to see who's online.

(Info like this is available on the community.lithium.com forums)

https://community.dstv.com/t5/forums/usersonlinepage

Lithium - users online.jpg

Doccie

I'm hoping it is just a case of getting used to this site.  I'm not liking that when you are looking for different posts on the home page, you only have 5 latest posts to see.  Anything after that is a wall of text.  Mostly when I'm coming to DStv forums is to see highlight posts for the channels & I don't want to have to look through a dozen + posts to find them.

BoxOffice

@GeoffDwrote:
Also why is there not a preview of the post available so that those of us with dyslexia and finger typing problems can make corrections before you hit the post key?

And no indication of a post being edited - very necessary, and is used on Lithium international.

And no default different coloured ink with quote replies.

EDIT: And no proper date / time stamp on the posts :-(

At least there's a built in spell checker.

Highlighted
Doccie

I managed to turn off those emails from the settings page linked in the old forum (had somehow missed it here) but was also considering the "never send me emails" box in your email address settings in profile

BoxOffice

Back again... (wot a surprise :-D)

Strange Geoff, I somehow got rid of that email tick with all I've set.

Looks like we're the guinnea pigs for this place, so hope they're paying careful attention to everything.

BTW, earlier Lithium created ID's a few of us made don't work here.

BoxOffice

Dont like the fact that everytime you reply you have to untick the "email me when someone replies" box!

I have set every possible e mail notification to "never" in my preferences and still this box remains ticked for each reply one makes.

Also why is there not a preview of the post available so that those of us with dyslexia and finger typing problems can make corrections before you hit the post key?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doin' it 4 Tv

I did notice that lithium communities has got a app on the play store. But I couldn't make heads or tails out of it couldn't even find dstv 

--Explora 1 & 2a--
Doccie

Thanks for the welcome, I trust we are going to have a long and satisfying relationship.

Skill is a trade.
Tags (1)