Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Welcome to the Community!

SOLVED
Community Manager

Re: Welcome to the Community!

Hi @Optimist, you can add people to your Friends List by following the steps below:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the user name of a friend to see the friend's About user name page.
  3. Click Add user name to Friends.

Note: You can remove a person from your Friend's List by clicking "Remove from Friends". Additionally, you can click "Ignore" to prevent specific users from contacting you.

Red Carpet

@Optimistwrote:

PM's (Private Messages);

On the old forum we had a friends list, could then set PM's to only allow those on the friends list and Mods to reach us by PM's.

Here there's no such option, and haven't seen a friends list either yet although there was some mention of something like it somewhere.

I suppose we should be more patient... Bulletin Boards have taken years to get to their level of sophistication, with a huge supportive community. Lithium haven't done badly, but have far to go nevertheless.

It's a pity a way can't be found to stick to the bb platform and attach all else wanted to that, some things we're used to will never be practical enough for enough development here.

There is the Friends's option but it does not work the way it is supposed to as listed in the Help section. You have to actually send someone a PM first. THEN you can add the person to to your Friend's list.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

PM's (Private Messages);

On the old forum we had a friends list, could then set PM's to only allow those on the friends list and Mods to reach us by PM's.

Here there's no such option, and haven't seen a friends list either yet although there was some mention of something like it somewhere.

I suppose we should be more patient... Bulletin Boards have taken years to get to their level of sophistication, with a huge supportive community. Lithium haven't done badly, but have far to go nevertheless.

It's a pity a way can't be found to stick to the bb platform and attach all else wanted to that, some things we're used to will never be practical enough for enough development here.

Red Carpet

That sort of defeats the object. I want to be subscribed to threads I participate in automatically.

I just want to NOT receive emails and don't want an option automatically set for me. Surely there is a global setting for this? I can't find it if there is.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Doccie

@Optimistwrote:

That's probably how I got rid of my email tick, I don't want any emails normally. Shouldn't take that extreme to achieve this, so clearly a bug.

I managed disable e-mail notifications for this thread  by clicking unsubscribe 

unsubribe.jpg

and by https://community.dstv.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions:notification-settings an unticking Automatically subscribe me to all topics or reviews I participate in

Spoiler
I am still strugling to get the layout of the community and at times feel very lost Cat Sad

3 Explora 2`s |HD PVR 2P | Am Very Lost In The Community
Showmaxed

That's probably how I got rid of my email tick, I don't want any emails normally. Shouldn't take that extreme to achieve this, so clearly a bug.

Action

@GeoffDwrote:

Preview tab now visible on MS Edge. Do not know if it shows up on other Browsers.

It's showing up on Chrome and Firefox, and has been there all along for me. So it's probably working for everybody now.

The "email me when someone replies" tick box remains ticked despite all attempts to get it not to be ticked.

I can't seem to get rid of it either but I've turned off all email notifications, so that's one way of solving the problem, but only if you never want to be emailed and not if you want to be only for certain threads.

Red Carpet

@GeoffDwrote:

@Optimistwrote:

@Ron_DStv1wrote:

Worried that you are not seeing the preview tab. It should be there but let me log that for you. 

Not sure which item this refers to, but thanks

Glad to have you on board again - We have improvements to make. Thank you. 

Fair enough. You certainly seem to be the right person for this job, all the best with it.

But please don't presume me to be on board here, other than for myself.

And BTW, it was not Optimist that raised the preview issue!

Preview tab now visible on MS Edge. Do not know if it shows up on other Browsers.

The "email me when someone replies" tick box remains ticked despite all attempts to get it not to be ticked.

Red Carpet

No category for Accounts, Payments and Financial issues? Customer Services?

Highlighted
Red Carpet

@Optimistwrote:

@Ron_DStv1wrote:

Worried that you are not seeing the preview tab. It should be there but let me log that for you. 

Not sure which item this refers to, but thanks

Glad to have you on board again - We have improvements to make. Thank you. 

Fair enough. You certainly seem to be the right person for this job, all the best with it.

But please don't presume me to be on board here, other than for myself.

And BTW, it was not Optimist that raised the preview issue!