Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Welcome to the Community!

SOLVED
Showmaxed

Re: Welcome to the Community!

Trying it for the first time ("Robot" group)...

Man Indifferent

----------------------------

@MC - why does my Reply posting box first refresh everytime I bring it up on Firefox?

I keep forgetting and start to type, then it refreshes. Annoying.

Red Carpet

biggrin.gif

Like these?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

I did see them Geoff, but as you say... yughy.

It gets a bit better, there's a smiley group choice - see My Settings \ Preferences \ Display \ Emoticon type.

That has me hoping other groups can be added, like the common one we're used to and which is so much better quality.

Highlighted
Red Carpet

@Optimistwrote:

Thanks for the feedback Nontsiki and Geoff.

@Nontsiki_DStv1even if all later works, it's not practical to put everyone into the ignore list, so the PM function does need to allow for an "exclude all but friends list" option.

There are many reasons why people would want that. One reason in my case was too many people sending PM's asking for private help via PM.

For now I won't use PM's unless essential, then off they go again...

(Boy, I miss our smileys! :-(((  )

Smileys are available IFF you have activated "Rich Text or "Preview", not under "HTML" (MS Edge Browser)

Yuggy selection! Robot Embarassed

Smiley Very Happy

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

@Nontsiki_DStv1wrote:

Hi @GeoffD, so sorry about this Smiley Sad We'll ask the team to look into the matter and we'll get back to you with feedback. 

Either all of us are still on some sort of a probation list and do not have all the power to do things yet, or, there is a serious issue with the entire forum.  Moderators may not be having these issues, but just about every single function I have tried does not work , hopefully, (yet).

Starting Io get the feeling that the release of the forum to us was permature, long before things were tested and ready to go.

Showmaxed

Wasted space

3. Why does the thread title need to be at the top of each and every post?? (And use up so much space.)

Community Manager

Hi @GeoffD, so sorry about this Smiley Sad We'll ask the team to look into the matter and we'll get back to you with feedback. 

Showmaxed

Thanks for the feedback Nontsiki and Geoff.

@Nontsiki_DStv1even if all later works, it's not practical to put everyone into the ignore list, so the PM function does need to allow for an "exclude all but friends list" option.

There are many reasons why people would want that. One reason in my case was too many people sending PM's asking for private help via PM.

For now I won't use PM's unless essential, then off they go again...

(Boy, I miss our smileys! :-(((  )

Showmaxed

Wasted space

As covered by others as well, it's very uncomfortable how this environment works with the excessive spacing so here's some suggestions.

1. Spaces between lines of text (and paragraphs) could be at least halved.

2. Why on earth would "Tags" need nearly a third of all the space involved??

On the old forum it's a tiny item seen once only at the bottom of the entire thread. Very odd IMHO.

Tags space moan.jpg

Red Carpet

@Nontsiki_DStv1wrote:

Hi @Optimist, you can add people to your Friends List by following the steps below:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the user name of a friend to see the friend's About user name page.
  3. Click Add user name to Friends.

Note: You can remove a person from your Friend's List by clicking "Remove from Friends". Additionally, you can click "Ignore" to prevent specific users from contacting you.

This option does NOT work!  There is really no point in simply copying the help section IF the functions do not work!