Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Welcome to the Community!

SOLVED
BoxOffice

Re: Welcome to the Community!

Why is there no ability to delete a post (or presumably a thread) we've made after a short time period please?

I would like an answer to this one please.

This post was edited with further detail.

BoxOffice

Here's another useful option we had when using one's friends list for PM's (see bottom of photo).

Also, a copy of the smileys we had and want again please.

old smileys and special PM send option.jpg

Telenovela

Just arrived here Smiley Indifferent

Seems the world really is flat.... and I've just walked off the edge Smiley Surprised

Pace HDPVR 4 tuner, Samsung 65 UHD TV, Samsung J7500 BluRay, Denon X3200W AVR.
BoxOffice

No, I meant beyond smileys - I've posted 2 jpegs so far without a problem.

MC do seem to be making constant adjustments, even today so maybe that's why.

Our ID status for example (currently "New Poster" for posters and those who haven't yet have now all been changed to "Extra").

Signing off for now.

BoxOffice

@Optimistwrote:

@GeoffDwrote:

There seems to be an approval process that prevents an image from dsiplaying until appoved

Presume you mean your triangle (I can see my smileys in your reply to me).
I've not seen that. What file type was it?
Pics I've posted were all jpegs.

Those were all the smileys available on the forum, hence assumed as "approved"  Any added image wont display until approved.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

@GeoffDwrote:

There seems to be an approval process that prevents an image from dsiplaying until appoved

Presume you mean your triangle (I can see my smileys in your reply to me).
I've not seen that. What file type was it?
Pics I've posted were all jpegs.

BoxOffice

@Optimistwrote:

I've since noticed that all the smilley groups are shown when clicking on the smiley icon on a Reply, so no idea why there's that selection choice in the menus.

Man Indifferent

Robot Frustrated

Cat Happy

Smiley LOL

Woman Happy

Heart

And we can post more of them than previously, don't know how many.

@Ryan, I also see that triangle in Geoff's post. Presume my smileys are visible to all?

There seems to be an approval process that prevents an image from displaying until approved

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

I've since noticed that all the smilley groups are shown when clicking on the smiley icon on a Reply, so no idea why there's that selection choice in the menus.

Man Indifferent

Robot Frustrated

Cat Happy

Smiley LOL

Woman Happy

Heart

And we can post more of them than previously, don't know how many.

@Ryan, I also see that triangle in Geoff's post. Presume my smileys are visible to all?

Highlighted
Doccie

Are images showing for other people? When someone posts an image (eg: Geoff above) I just see a triangle shape, like an empty roadsign.

To DSTV staff:

Any word on whether we're allowed custom avatars or not? Things seem to have gone quiet on that after first telling us we are allowed them  - and us discovering we don't have that option.

Also, thanks for your efforts to help us so far. I know we're sending a fair bit of negative feedback your way, sometimes for things you may not have been personally responsible for, but I hope this isn't all written off as the usual griping and resistance to change. Because I also really hope you rethink some of the design of this forum/community. I frequent a number of online forums, and have designed a few myself, and I can honestly say that this is the most uncomfortable experience I've had in many years. I mean, I'm only really following this thread and even that doesn't work smoothly, sometimes the same 'notification' popup keeps happening, and clicking on a new post notification seems to be a bit random in terms of where in the thread one ends up.

When I'm using a forum, I need a way to quickly and easily get to the first unread posts in threads I'm subscribed to. Then I need a way to quickly survey what new threads and posts have been made that I don't subscribe to yet, preferably without having to see the same large images and news articles every time. I need a way to manage my instant messages with a good degree of control, and I need to see a decent amount of content on a page - something that is not the case right now with these huge expanses of white space. A lot of people are interested in custom avatars and a decent collection of emotes too... something you may want to get a handle on before the full launch.

That's it, that's the basics that most sites provide, and yet this is where this one falls down. Other bells and whistles, trophies and pictures of Jessica Biel... we know they're coming, we know it's 2018, but please first prioritise the ability to navigate and communicate with some degree of comfort.

My 2c. Thank you.

BoxOffice

Why does my Profile page say I've earned 7 badges, but there's 9 displayed? :-/