Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Welcome to the Community!

SOLVED
Romance

Re: Welcome to the Community!

Love (sarcastic) how this thread is marked as "solved" - really??

Please advise when we can load our own photo avatars??

Hi @Optimist - checking with the relevant teams on this one. We'll keep you posted.

BoxOffice

Copying of posts is difficult

As an often-proven needed precaution, some of us choose to copy our created posts to our Clipboard before submitting them.

First we select (highlight) all the text involved by clicking and dragging our mouse.

One way to then do this is to use the keyboard shortcut keys "Ctrl." + "C".

But for some reason, Lithium uses that shortcut for something else and its use ends up clearing our posting box.

("Ctrl." + "Z" should bring it back though.)

Please can MC try to disable the function from performing this non-standard use.

In the meantime - after selecting the text, if one then right clicks there should be a listed "Copy" option we can click on. A nuisance way IMO but at least it works.

If this does get fixed an announcement would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Doccie

Thought I'd check in again after a couple of days... still no response on the initial setup issues like posting images not working, custom avatars not available despite mods saying they were, any of the other teething problems?

Ok, guess I'll have a look again next week. In all honesty I'm not feeling optimistic at this point.

Robot Sad

Action

@Optimistwrote:

Will briefly break my lack-of-MC-forum-preparation-service related silence for this highly important issue.

We were told that social media (Twitter and FaceBook)... will be part of this new Community platform soon, so what on earth are you sending us off-platform for??

I can just shake my head at MC .....

SLNB LMX501| Explora 2A (Primary 4,5,6) Explora 2A (Secondary 0,1,2) | Xtraview - decoders same room | 3 distributed HDMI endpoints via 2x4 Matrix and Cat6 | 200/100 Fibre (OpenServe/Afrihost Premium UnCapped) | HD 5S in holiday mode
BoxOffice

Will briefly break my lack-of-MC-forum-preparation-service related silence for this highly important issue.

We were told that social media (Twitter and FaceBook)... will be part of this new Community platform soon, so what on earth are you sending us off-platform for??

BoxOffice

Absolutely correct. We were told that the same support from MC would be available on this Community as was available on the old forum. Some of us will NEVER use media such as Facebook and Twitter. To tell us now that the only way we can get that sort of support is just not acceptable. This community was supposed to be set up to answer customer queries, and, if these can only be answered by MC, then MC is obliged to answer them. And an answer referring us to another social media platform is just not on.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
BoxOffice

@Cya_DStv1

We were advised on the old forum that all issues looked after on there would also still be looked after in the new Community. What you are posting is now in contrast to that commitment? Many people on the forum (and now Community) are not on Facebook and/or Twitter which was one of the great advantages of the old furum. How are these people meant to be helped in the future with their queries?

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).

Hey

You're more than welcome to reach us on Facebook on this link: https://www.facebook.com/DStvSouthAfrica and https://twitter.com/DStv for Twitter for all account and billing related issues.
Essentially, we are a platform that encourages/facilitates conversations around product, peer-to-peer engagements on all that has to do with the DStv. Do click on the links for more account related issue but for suggestion, you're more than welcome to engage us from here.

BoxOffice

Long story shortened - you have a thread on this new forum for this concern of yours already, which you started, and you are derailing this thread which is focusing on getting the new forum underway properly.

There is nothing personal about it, between you and I, or re the validity of your complaint, and plenty of Forumites do also state their concerns with derailing.

Nothing more to say, except consider others' needs too please. If we all just do what we want then nothing will get achived, this isn't MyBroadBand. Thanks and all the best with it.