Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Welcome to the Community!

SOLVED
BoxOffice

Re: Welcome to the Community!

@Grace_DStv1- found the problem;

If quoting someone, then Ctrl+C won't work correctly - clears the posting box and a quote or mention-someone dialogue box pops up.

That's part of Lithium's basic software architecture, so not worth the fiddle to fix - I'll use the right click Copy option in those circumstances.

(@Others - Ctrl+Z may not recover everything you had typed so far.)

@Optimist - Great! If it does, shout we'll help. 

BoxOffice

Thanks @Grace_DStv1 & co., but it's working on the same PC / browser this morning for some reason.

I can manage if it just happens to me again.

@Optimist - Copying of posts was checked and it is working in both ways, with Ctrl+C and Copy option. 

Nothing else seems to be happening just the text is copied, but not disappearing from the text box. Probably it’s a PC / browser specific combination, not the platform. 

Doin' it 4 Tv

Well I have been a member of this forum for a few days now and chose to largely be a silent observer Allow me a few observations and conclusions made form some of the post I have read through. I think that the forum needed at least another month of development and testing before it was released for use. The help of long term members of the old forum to setup the format and structure of the platform like Optimist GeoffD and others would have gone a long way to solve the current problems and functionality of this platform. Currently posts are posted all over the forum in unrelated labels and are/will be lost in the clutter just like in face book where your query go unanswered and never heard of again. Unless the structure of the old forum where there were various categories where queries were catered for and the moderators ensure that all post are done under the proper labels this format will fail as an platform to help MC customers with their problems. Here it seem that all post are posted under “What’s on” When the closure of the old forum and the switch to this forum it were announced it was stated that this would be an improvement as the dedicated moderators would be available 7 days a week to sort out our queries and problems . Well I do see the moderators online but I have not seen all that many replies by them to solve the problems raised. Are the replies via PM and if that is the case should it not rather be on the open forum for the benefit of all with the same problem.
Explora 2A (primary) Pace HD PVR 2P (XV)  SLNB LMX501  Samsung S6   Samsung Tab
Highlighted
Doccie

A new week, time to check back in and see what updates, info or progress has been made wrt forum functionality. Not seeing too much, guess I may try next week then.

BoxOffice

Another positive - thread titles can now be fully changed by the OP, in their post #1.

<cool>

Enough from me at this stage.

BoxOffice

Scratch the browse button "solution" for now - ALSO not working properly - you get some stupid logo in front of it, and it only partially loads.

How can you release this forum with the software in such bad condition MC???

(Not looking for excuses from the Mods, this is their bosses' fault!)

BoxOffice

One thing working here that didn't on the previous forum - longer spacing

Example text       shows                how  spacing isn't                   a      problem        here

(But Tab just takes one to the next item re environment focusing (in this case the Browse button), on Firefox anyway.)

--------------------

Talking of the Browse button - as per attached example, for now that is one way to attach a pic that all logged on can see, but by clicking on it instead of instantly.

@MadCatThat should be very soon as we are getting the little devils out the way:-)