Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Why does my post need to be approved?

SOLVED
6 REPLIES 6
Red Carpet

Re: Why does my post need to be approved?

So I have experienced this also. Posts simply vanish IF you try and edit them too soon after posting.

Having a look at the Lithium Community, I found this interesting post about another Community powered by Lithium:

@cjdinger wrote:
With a recent release of the community software, flood controls play a bigger role in detecting potential spam and sending content to the spam quarantine.  The default settings are documented here.

We're finding several new users are getting stuck in the spam quarantine when they create a post, publish, then almost immediately edit and republish.  I'm guessing that's counting as > 1 post action and if it happens quickly enough, it's counted as spam.  Thankfully the new spam notification on the message board helps them to see this and they can ask us to release it.  

Has anyone else encountered this -- more legit messages being thrown into spam?  And has anyone found an optimal setting for the flood control thresholds?  Lithium Support did not have a specific recommendation, so I'm hoping that someone here has licked this.

Thanks,
Chris

P.S.
We edited the text of the spam notice to be a little friendlier and link to an explanation.

Seems this probem is a new one after a recent Lithium software upgrade.  What is very dissapointing is that his post has not even been acknowledged buy the Lithium reps on their own forum and NO solutions have been forthcoming either!

We do see the nothification and can ask for the post to be released. Howver, i have found thta on this forum, the posts are dumped into a premoderation folder, and DO NOT actually seem to get to the spam quarantine folder, and even if MC was monitoring the quarantine folder and taking note of requests for the posts to be released, nothing is happening.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Red Carpet

Thanks.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Community Manager

Hi @krugie, your post was incorrectly spammed and we have released it. We apologise for this and are sorting out these minor glitches.

Red Carpet

Post now displaying.

Octo-LNB to 24-1z/5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora 2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

Sorry - I meant the 1st NEW thread I created - about searching the online TV guide. My 1st post is indeed there - it was just a reply to another post.

My new thread was there then disappeared with a message that it needs to be approved - and has not been seen since.

Showmaxed

Your first post is there, read it earlier. Maybe a second post? Or maybe as you were a new poster? (although that didn't happen to me)

Highlighted
Red Carpet

Why does my post need to be approved?

I just made a post about searching the online TV guide, just to be told that my post first has to be approved????