cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

"Chat" popup option on dstv.com won't go away

6 REPLIES 6

Re: "Chat" popup option on dstv.com won't go away

Hi @Optimist and @GeoffD we are still  looking into both issues and we will get back to you.~ 

Showmaxed

What kind of development effort is that??

How does a large, mature company allow that to be the way of doing things, in any dept.??

And clearly yet another case of no QA.

Off-topic for a moment;

Yesterday I had my TV on M-Net for a change, so saw that there's been pop-up ads on Survivor S.A.

Like I discovered and posted about with a pop-up ad on a movie a few months ago (that at least seems to have stopped for now), they also disguise them here as being useful tips, but they're as commercial as any other ads and obviously just what they think can be gotten away with among these now largely younger audience members who are sadly used to some form of regular popups on social media.

And I looked at its CU version later, it also has this intrusion so that is the way they're now starting to sneak ads onto CU as many of us predicted.

Why do I mention it in this thread? Just to say that these latest "service" atrocities are the last straw for me, am permanently downplaying my role here.

Red Carpet

It does not work properly with MS Edge either. And last time I checked it failed with MS Explorer and an older version of Chrome and with any mobile device browser as well.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

@Optimist - they are. 

Showmaxed

Thanks @Cya_DStv1

Also please note that I'm usually NOT logged in at dstv.com

One wonders if the development team are aware that in some circles Chrome is very unpopular.

Doin' it 4 Tv

@Optimist We will try to run our own test using Firefox, the pop-up is simply to integrate self-service but we do suspect that it may have been only tested for Google Chrome only.  

Showmaxed

"Chat" popup option on dstv.com won't go away

It's a good option, anyone visiting dstv.com in the reasonable hours can now get personal human help at the click of a button.

BUT... after closing the dialogue box if not wanted, it still keeps reappearing on every new page visited. That despite there being a permanent popup "lightning balloon" on the screen for recalling it.

(Both are visible in my attachment.)

This is standard liked / not liked stuff MC, why does it seem like you are learning everything from scratch these days???

(In case this is needed - I'm using Firefox)