Need help?

4 U single view RF not supplying recordable signal

SOLVED
Doccie

Re: 4 U single view RF not supplying recordable signal

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@Metallicson wrote:

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @Metallicson - The relevant team is looking into the matter, we'll continue to update you via PM. 

Hi Grace, I am going grey waiting for an update. It is so demeaning being ignored.

@Metallicson - the team confirmed that you'll be the first to be informed when any new developments come about. 

Sorry Grace, I don't want to seem ungrateful nor petty, but what type of answer is that? If and when?I was told in March the team will have this sorted in 4 weeks? This smacks of a brush-off and I am not accepting being treated like an idiot any more. Why don't you and management not answer my e-mails? MC have made a promise when they decided to Migrate my service and it is now time to fulfill those promises.

Skill is a trade.

@Metallicson wrote:

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

Hi @Metallicson - The relevant team is looking into the matter, we'll continue to update you via PM. 

Hi Grace, I am going grey waiting for an update. It is so demeaning being ignored.

@Metallicson - the team confirmed that you'll be the first to be informed when any new developments come about. 

Showmaxed

So MC, why can't you give these people a HD PVR 2P instead, or even a more supported modern Explora if they're willing to pay something in for that??

Hi @Metallicson - its been a minute, yes. Contacting the team, we'll revert back soonest. 

Doccie

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

Skill is a trade.
Doccie

@GeoffD wrote:

@Metallicson:

I presume you saw the response on the old forum re the issue of being able to record on an external device, content from ALL the single view decoders?

MC has indicated that none of the single view HD decoder models allow external recordings. This applies to the 4U, 4S (4136), 5U & 5S (4137) single view HD decoder models.  Have you by any chance been able to try recording via RF?

Hi "KOF"s, I trust you are all in good health. So I've been away for a while, then to see how my favourite Forumites are doing I landed up on the Forum. Lots of scrummaging going on!

But, praise is indeed in order, I see you solved this issue. Can't keep a good Telenovela down.

Nice to be back!

If there was any nice Emojies I would have used one, the most attractive one is the heart, but I didn't think that would be appropriate.

Skill is a trade.
Highlighted
Doccie

@Terrence wrote:

It's not quite true that the single view HD decoders do not allow external recording. We are able to record from a 4U to a Sony HDD recorder via the RCA channel; however, the recordings are restricted as "CopyOnce": they cannot be recorded to another device from the HDD or transferred to a DVD unless the latter is of the (rare) compatible type.

Hi Terrance, I have been away from the Forum for a while as I exhausted the input of the "Kings Of Forumites" or "KOF", and I wanted the "ou Toppies" to get their breath back and rest their aching fingers. Regarding the 4U recording to a HDD, could you give me a diagram of your connections? I have tried a host of permutations and was not successful. The best I managed was 10 - 15 .minutes then it stopped recording with am error notification on the HDD screen. It seemed that it took a while for the system to recognise the foreign recording device, as the time span varied before the HDD stopped recording. I've tested the recorder by using a bunny aerial into the recorder and it recorded the free to record channels o/k, this was ofcourse by- passing the 4U. Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks.

Skill is a trade.
Tags (1)
Red Carpet

@Grace_DStv1wrote:

@GeoffD and @TerrenceSorry for the delay. We have someone from the office of the CEO who will contact you with an answer to your question and a possible solution. Please share your contact details (Only via inbox/PM) You can send these directly to me.

Thanks for the response Grace.

The issue is precisely MCs insistence to handle this matter "under the table" as it were. Years ago we had an on-going battle with MC about our rights to record content for our "own use", which ended up in the " Copy Once" principal being established.  We ALL had some or other recording device, be it VCR machines with RF and RCA inputs or DVRs. ALL the previous MC decoders allowed recording via RCA and RF outputs covered by the "Copy Once" principal (SD quality only).  Then out comes the 5U and 5S decoders, without RF, but still with a converted  RCA and NO Copy Once allowed.

Why the sudden chnage? Why is it necessary to handle this matter under wraps? Why the confusion with what the 4 series decoders are capable of? It is a simple fact to state for the public to see and know.

Do the 4 and 5 series decoders allow for "Copy Once" (SD quality via RCA and RF) or not?

If not, why not?  

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM

@GeoffD and @TerrenceSorry for the delay. We have someone from the office of the CEO who will contact you with an answer to your question and a possible solution. Please share your contact details (Only via inbox/PM) You can send these directly to me.

Hi @GeoffD and @Terrence - let's check this for you with the relevant teams and revert back.