27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Nominee

Re: 4 U single view RF not supplying recordable signal

Re the general concern, here's the other thread that discussed this:

Revisiting copy-once re 4 & 5 series decoders

Red Carpet

MIght I suggest that you remove the "Solved" rating to this thread?  Obviously, Optimist' suggestion was a solution but it did NOT address the original problem and has helped take MCs eye off the ball.

@Metallicson wrote:

@Optimist wrote:

@Metallicson, the attached file is a MS Word copy of the original thread where senior representatives of MC announced and discussed that "copy once" was from then allowed on all decoders. Hope it helps.

EDIT: This by default must always also mean that copying live broadcast content from a non-PVR decoder to an external recording device is also allowed. It certainly is allowed on the only other non-PVR decoders - the "11xx" series.

Hi Optimist, thanks for going through all that research. The way that queries were dealt with 3 years ago is not much different than the present, you still have to sit on the Mods to get a straight answer, eventually. I have decided not to continue with subscribing next year when the current paid up subs run out. I am tired of dealing with excuses and empty promises. Thanks again.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Nominee

Sure but no effort involved, just came across it among my personal archives. Sorry to hear you've given up.

A temp. plan certainly could have been made MC.

Doccie

@Optimist wrote:

@Metallicson, the attached file is a MS Word copy of the original thread where senior representatives of MC announced and discussed that "copy once" was from then allowed on all decoders. Hope it helps.

EDIT: This by default must always also mean that copying live broadcast content from a non-PVR decoder to an external recording device is also allowed. It certainly is allowed on the only other non-PVR decoders - the "11xx" series.

Hi Optimist, thanks for going through all that research. The way that queries were dealt with 3 years ago is not much different than the present, you still have to sit on the Mods to get a straight answer, eventually. I have decided not to continue with subscribing next year when the current paid up subs run out. I am tired of dealing with excuses and empty promises. Thanks again.

Skill is a trade.
Nominee

@Metallicson wrote:

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@Metallicson- not even hey. No mails have been received from you of late - if so a response would have been sent, and do understand that you have been liaising with someone from the CEO team in this regard. 

"Hey" Grace, I will resend the e-mail, check the date please and resend me your response.

And "do understand that you know that Michael phoned me because you asked him to"

My disappointment sprouts from the incomplete answer to my query.

Regards.

@Metallicson - yes, as you mentioned that you have been waiting for feedback and Michael's team can provide you with that. 

Doccie

@Optimist wrote:

@Optimist wrote:

So MC, why can't you give these people a HD PVR 2P instead, or even a more supported modern Explora if they're willing to pay something in for that??

Sadly, this isn't the solution man, I was being more sarcastic than anything. I'll unpack why for you, as I think I understand it;

1. They won't give you people 2P's as that's against their policy - those are old and they're trying to wipe out the older decoders. Which makes it necessary to only offer an Explora, and that's not an affordable solution for them.

2. I think the copy-protect on the HD "single view" decoders was unintentional, or done by a few without discussing it with other departments. They certainly seemed surprised and as confused as us when it was revealed.

This will take some time to sort out, if it's not hardware-hard-wired, and that's only if they decide they now want to.

3. There is no other direction currently open to them. So in conclusion, it seems they're rather stuck... for now :-/

Hi Optimist,

Thanks. 

Skill is a trade.
Doccie

@Grace_DStv1 wrote:

@Metallicson- not even hey. No mails have been received from you of late - if so a response would have been sent, and do understand that you have been liaising with someone from the CEO team in this regard. 

"Hey" Grace, I will resend the e-mail, check the date please and resend me your response.

And "do understand that you know that Michael phoned me because you asked him to"

My disappointment sprouts from the incomplete answer to my query.

Regards.

Skill is a trade.
Nominee

@Optimist wrote:

So MC, why can't you give these people a HD PVR 2P instead, or even a more supported modern Explora if they're willing to pay something in for that??

Sadly, this isn't the solution man, I was being more sarcastic than anything. I'll unpack why for you, as I think I understand it;

1. They won't give you people 2P's as that's against their policy - those are old and they're trying to wipe out the older decoders. Which makes it necessary to only offer an Explora, and that's not an affordable solution for them.

2. I think the copy-protect on the HD "single view" decoders was unintentional, or done by a few without discussing it with other departments. They certainly seemed surprised and as confused as us when it was revealed.

This will take some time to sort out, if it's not hardware-hard-wired, and that's only if they decide they now want to.

3. There is no other direction currently open to them. So in conclusion, it seems they're rather stuck... for now :-/

@Metallicson - not even hey. No mails have been received from you of late - if so a response would have been sent, and do understand that you have been liaising with someone from the CEO team in this regard.