Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

4 U single view RF not supplying recordable signal

SOLVED
Red Carpet

Re: 4 U single view RF not supplying recordable signal

@Terrencewrote:

It's not quite true that the single view HD decoders do not allow external recording. We are able to record from a 4U to a Sony HDD recorder via the RCA channel; however, the recordings are restricted as "CopyOnce": they cannot be recorded to another device from the HDD or transferred to a DVD unless the latter is of the (rare) compatible type.

That is very interesting indeed. It lines up with what I thought was the case for the 4U. BUT here is what MC Marietjie said on the dates indicated, hence why I posted what I did on this thread.

2018-04-13 , 13:45 
MC Marietjie  
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicson  
@ MC Marietjie, please bear with me, but you have advised Josey on the 10th to do just that?
That is the reason why I posted to you, I am trying to be proactive.
Since that post, I posted the email address that you can use - this is a more direct process. MNetMigrations@multichoice.co.za 

2018-03-29 , 13:55 

MC Marietjie  
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D  
Does this apply to ALL the 4 and 5 series decoders?
Yes it does. 

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Anime

It's not quite true that the single view HD decoders do not allow external recording. We are able to record from a 4U to a Sony HDD recorder via the RCA channel; however, the recordings are restricted as "CopyOnce": they cannot be recorded to another device from the HDD or transferred to a DVD unless the latter is of the (rare) compatible type.

Hi @Metallicson - The relevant team is looking into the matter, we'll continue to update you via PM. 

Doccie

@Nontsiki_DStv1

Thanks for the assistance, unfortunately this system does not know that you are part of the team. Could not PM.

Skill is a trade.
Tags (1)
Doccie

@GeoffD

Nice to see you picking up the reigns again.

I actually looked for an existing thread to continue with my quest to get some positive advice from MC.

We tried the RF option, no luck.

Skill is a trade.
Red Carpet

@Metallicson:

I presume you saw the response on the old forum re the issue of being able to record on an external device, content from ALL the single view decoders?

MC has indicated that none of the single view HD decoder models allow external recordings. This applies to the 4U, 4S (4136), 5U & 5S (4137) single view HD decoder models.  Have you by any chance been able to try recording via RF?

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Tags (6)
Community Manager

Hi @Metallicson, please PM me your smartcard number and contact details. We'll follow up with the team. 

Doccie

4 U single view RF not supplying recordable signal

My M-Net analogue signal have  been Migrated to Digital HD.

I used to record broadcasts on a LG HDD recorder. 

I have been told to wait for MC techs to sort out a compromise.

I'm still..........................................................................................

Skill is a trade.
Tags (2)