Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

DStv HD Series 6S decoder Launched

17 REPLIES 17
Red Carpet

Re: DStv HD Series 6S decoder

Based on Jan's reply, the install is okay and the problem is the two decoders have not been combined for XV/ Get hold of MC to activate XV.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
BoxOffice

@GeoffD wrote:

That is an LMX 501 SLNB.  Makes sure both cables are connected to unicable ports, Preferably ports A and B, NOT the universal port.

I had a quick look at my LMX501 the port closest to the dish is the universal port. Those two cables are connected to uniports A and C

Explora 2A (primary) Explora 3A Secondary SLNB LMX501  Samsung S9   Samsung Tab
Red Carpet

That is an LMX 501 SLNB.  Makes sure both cables are connected to unicable ports, Preferably ports A and B, NOT the universal port.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Thanks for replying... I have is 2 HD Series 6S decoder, 1 primary and the other is Secondary, I connect both to the smart Lnb, the primary is working perfectly but now I managed to get get the secondary showing after setting up the installation wizard, primary to decoder 1 and secondary to decoder 2, but the connection is not stable after few minutes I got the error message "no communication from the primary decoder" on the secondary decoder, will attach some pictures for verification

Thanks 

Showmaxed

We would need a lot more info than that if we are to try help, you need to explain everything re the decoders you have, what connections, where they are, how you want it to work.

Though I doubt I'll help, IMO you likely don't understand enough and need an installer.

New poster

Pls, am trying to connect the Xtraview for d 6s decoder with the SLMB but still got no communication from primary decoder error 

Showmaxed

Thanks for your efforts, that further info will help a lot.

It's just a pity that marketing must always distort the facts, but I guess that's how big business "works".

Hi @Optimist,

Below are the answers from our development team: 

1. Which "features" were removed? (Or are we just referring to the removal of the Ethernet port? ) Ethernet Port was removed as it was not used.
  2. What the new improvements? The decoder is now made from recyclable components.
  3. Is it also XtraView (XV) compatible with other older models and HD decoders (as per the usual XV rules in these regards of course) ? It is the same as the HD 5.
  4. Does it have one tuner (like the 4 series) or two tuners (like the 5 series) ? Two tuners … like the HD 5
  5. Can it use either a Unicable or Universal LNB feed (like the 4 and 5 series) ? It can work on Unicable and Universal .. just like the HD 5.

Let us check with our development team. We will provide feedback.

Showmaxed

I think Grace may be off sick, if any other Mod can help in the meantime that would be great, TIA.