Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Diplexer connection between 45 and new hd5 cardless decoder

5 REPLIES 5
Showmaxed

Re: Diplexer connection between 45 and new hd5 cardless decoder

@GeoffD wrote:

No way that will work. Each decoder requires its own dedicated LNB port. And as you will have to change the LNB , install a SLNB and use two Unicable ports one for each and then then the diplexer is only required if the 4 series decoder cannot provide HB via the SLNB. In this case, the HB cable will have to run from the HD 4 RF port to the diplexer and then to the HD5 decoder LNB port. See under technical info for two posts by Optimist re the correct way to use the diplexer.

You've recalled correctly Geoff - unlike the 5 series, the 4 series unfortunately cannot use HB via a SLNB or 24-1Z except with a diplexer.

So the choice is either that, or with another LNB (but as Geoff says, not the one you have) and the diplexer is then placed behind the 5 series instead.

Unfortunately the info I posted about using diplexers was only specific to a particular make and model which was causing confusion. Post which one you have and one of us will assist further if need be when we're here again.

New poster

Thank you 

Red Carpet

No way that will work. Each decoder requires its own dedicated LNB port. And as you will have to change the LNB , install a SLNB and use two Unicable ports one for each and then then the diplexer is only required if the 4 series decoder cannot provide HB via the SLNB. In this case, the HB cable will have to run from the HD 4 RF port to the diplexer and then to the HD5 decoder LNB port. See under technical info for two posts by Optimist re the correct way to use the diplexer.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Highlighted
New poster

The lnb is single universal. Primary is the 4s and new HD5 cardless is the secondary. So I want

@melvin wrote:

Am trying to connect  diplexer between a 4s decoder and hd5. But am getting E143 on the hd 5 which ia the seconadry. Dish cable is connected to port labelled sat. Primary{4s decoder} connected to port labelled I/O. And the secondary{hd5} is connected to the port labelled ANT. The primary is working fine but the seconadry is showing no communication from the primary decoder. Please i need your assistance to solve this. Thanks 

to use the diplexer for signal and HB 

Red Carpet

What LNB are you trying to connect to?

The diplexer is only required IF you have a SLNB or 24-1Z switch installed and ONLY behind the 5 series decoder. It is of NO use at all if you are using a single universal or TWIN LNB.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
New poster

Diplexer connection between 45 and new hd5 cardless decoder

Am trying to connect  diplexer between a 4s decoder and hd5. But am getting E143 on the hd 5 which ia the seconadry. Dish cable is connected to port labelled sat. Primary{4s decoder} connected to port labelled I/O. And the secondary{hd5} is connected to the port labelled ANT. The primary is working fine but the seconadry is showing no communication from the primary decoder. Please i need your assistance to solve this. Thanks