Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

HD decoders wont reboot today!

Highlighted
Action

HD decoders wont reboot today!

I had a power failure in our area this morning, and now that the power is back, the decoders won't move past the "Please wait while the decoder tries to determine in which satellite footprint it resides"

What have you done MC? Forgotten about us with older decoders now that you have implemented the new software on the new decoders???????

Man MadMan Sad

5 REPLIES
Action

Re: HD decoders wont reboot today!

Defintely something has happened. the error message wording has changed, the boot process is somehow not the same, can't put my finger on it --------

UEC decoder wont cooperate at all! Man Mad

Great move MC!

Action

WELL!  What a morning it has been.

I decided to put the self service to the test to see IF I could sort out my two old decoders, and pretty much got nowhere.  I was able to break the XV link, but could NOT make the UEC decoder inactive. Ended up on the line with a very helpful call centre operator for more than 30 minutes, just to get the PACE decoder working as a stand alone decoder. The UEC is still off the air. There is physically nothing worng with it but it will not complete its boot cycle for anything and is now useless. Whatever you did last night it was fatal for this decoder. Thank you very much for once again showing that you do not care squat for your loyal customers! 

Then to get the UEC to be inactive! Now that was another mission for the operator!

I wont even talk about how slow the online service info updates. It is now hours later and still my dstv is incorrectly reporting what I have working on my profile.

And note, MC loves to pull these stunts on the day before a weekend! What is wrong with you? Deliberately trying to keep the call centre busy after hours????

Telenovela

"It is now hours later and still my dstv is incorrectly reporting what I have working on my profile."

Ha!  Try 3weeks!  Still trying to get all my devices showing up on my profile.

Action

Yes "Self Service" is effectively completely useless! MC might as well disable all those pages and display a " We have a Problem" page and be done with it! At least none of their customers will waste their time trying to access these pages.

Action

You people have no idea...

Try a long unused 1110 that I gave to another Forumite about 3 to 4 years ago - apparently I activated it myself about 2 years ago. Can't get it removed...

Never seen a charge for it though.

Madness! How they manage to keep things going is beyond me.