Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No sound

5 REPLIES
BoxOffice

Re: No sound

Even the 4 tuner decoders do this at times!  the volume on RF will return to zero after a maintenance reboot, causing all sorts of drama in the kitchen. I then go in and find the volume at "zero" when pressing the 'V' button on the remote. The "fixed" setting under volume is completely ignored as well. Will never understand the logic behind these completely inexplicable things that happen from time to time.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Trending

More likely to be another one of the endless oversights...

BoxOffice

@GeoffD wrote:

On the RF output the volume returns to zero after a reboot.

How can anyone possibly have thought that was a good idea?

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Highlighted
BoxOffice

If I remember correctly, these decoders will tend to set volume to half after a reboot. You need to check the volume levels and then manually correct. On the RF output the volume returns to zero after a reboot.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Community Manager

Hi @Simiso, apologies for the delayed response. Are you still experiencing this problem? 

Viewer

No sound

My DSTV HD MODEL 4U does not produce sound even when connected to a Dvd player / TV with sound inputs and the inputs work well when not connected to the decoder ..