Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Is MC trying to self-destruct?!

5 REPLIES 5
Red Carpet

Re: Is MC trying to self-destruct?!

What a mess this week has now been (and still is) !

Just one more thing to add - MC, PLEASE consult widely respected business crisis experts.

That means;

• Turn off the majorly excessive ego
  • Swallow your pride (same as above)
  • Admit you're not the brilliant, monopolising giant you still think you are (same as point 1)
  • Get practical, make sacrifices, put your customers first (same as point 1)
  • Learn to listen (same as point 1)

Thank you for your attention.

BoxOffice

I also have no idea re the referred bundles - I certainly haven't seen any new bundled packages being advertised anywhere.

I agree Netflix doesn't have the same offering as Premium -especially in terms of series - but even M-Net is starting to fall behind on that lately based on what I am personally currently watching. And now that all new Netflix produced content is exclusive to Netflix (and they are now producing a LOT) - their offering is getting more appealing all the time. In terms of movies I doubt they are very far behind - and most importantly - their price is a fraction of that of Premium. Even their most expensive offering is R169 but most people will be happy with the R139 option - and many even with the R99 option. Sport is MCs last true remaining trump card...

While I'm not there yet, I can fully understand people switching.

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

I don't think they can be talking about the bundling with the Explora price-lock offer - it's not a new development, been around for ages already and is also available with a smaller package or two.

Red Carpet

What timing, you'd think they would want their service delivery efforts at its best right now...Stick Out Toungue.jpg

Although I'm not sure the article is accurate enough - last I knew Netflix still offers quite limited content compared to Premium, and certainly Showmax doesn't really have a lot (been through it all re adult content) and they are also owned by Naspers anyway...

It [MC] is now calling for Netflix to be regulated, it is working on ramping up its own video streaming offerings, and it is trying to make DStv Premium more attractive through bundled offerings.

Does anyone know what that last part is about?

EDIT: Removed thought that could just cause misleading rumours for nothing...

BoxOffice

Things are truly going from bad to worse by the day! And it seems MC no longer has control over what is happening... the future is very bleak...

MyBroadband reports today that a 10Mbps uncapped fibre line combined with a Netflix subscription now cost less than DSTV Premium - and that includes Internet access.

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/broadcasting/275181-uncapped-fibre-and-netflix-now-cheaper-than-dstv-...

Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora1 (Prim) & HDPVR 2P (Sec), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture & audio via Onkyo TX-NR626
receiver. Explora2 in bedroom, HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV. 100Mbps M-Web fibre (OpenServe).
Red Carpet

Is MC trying to self-destruct?!

Seriously, I've never seen such a mess in my life! Anything and everything that can be done poorly (and which results in causing subscribers headaches) now seems to be the standard way.

And every day there's a bit more!

No MC, not an exaggeration if some of you think that - it's stark raving crazy, but look around you and you'll also see it. This forum bares testiment all over...

Please stop with the proud peacock BS and wake-up!!