Welcome to Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

2 dishes , each with its own decoders dsd1132 AND A dsd4138. CAN I SETUP EXTRAVIEW?

4 REPLIES 4
Red Carpet

Re: 2 dishes , each with its own decoders dsd1132 AND A dsd4138. CAN I SETUP EXTRAVIEW?

No need to change the LNBs as each decoder has its own antenna.  The HB cable will be required. The 6S should be set as Primary.

The diplexer is definitely required behind the 6S.

The RF IN port on 1132 should be used because you are probably using the RF OUT port already for an older TV.

If you do decide to change the LNB feeding the 6S, it will allow the simultaneous use of the EPG information. Make sure you connect the cable to port A on the SLNBs, the Unicable port without a terminator

The SLNB types suitable are:

LMX 502Z and 502W - There is no 502A.

LMX 501 --- overkill for your application.

Octo LNB; 2 by 2x4 MS; 2 by ES 5-2; Dedicated PSU for LNB, ES's, MS's; HD PVR 4P x 2; Explora 1; DSD 660; FSM
Showmaxed

Re: 2 dishes , each with its own decoders dsd1132 AND A dsd4138. CAN I SETUP EXTRAVIEW?

Ok, will add a bit more but then you must wait for others for further questions.

Glad to help but please don't send me another PM, it's not a forum system generally used by me and I've now marked you as Ignored... nothing personal.

SAT, I/O and ANT are all labels found on the diplexer (or it may have similar wording). You'll see now that the sentences I typed will make more sense.

BTW, diplexers are cheap so don't worry about that.

@imtiazm wrote:

if i do not change the 6s to a smartLNB ? how and why will service be different , ?

please clarify

The SLNB offers a Unicable connection instead of the Universal type connection you're using. This allows the decoder better control over receipt of data from MC, including the EPG (guide).

All the best with it, cheers :-)

Highlighted
New poster

Im really greatfull for your reply. 

But there certain things i do not understand the context of :

SAT: do you mean each satelite connects to the each decoders LNB in point on decoder side.

I/O : is this a point on the diplexer . so if this connects to the 6s lnb input, then where does the cable from the 6s dish run to , does it connect to the di plexer.? 

ANT : what is this , and where will i find this ? 

if i do not change the 6s to a smartLNB ? how and why will service be different , ?

please clarify

I want to understand it, so when i call a technician , i know his not making me buy things i dont really need.

Showmaxed

Buy a diplexer and connect it to the 6S as follows;

SAT connects to the LNB cable for it.

I/O connects to the 6S's LNB Input.

ANT connects to a HB (HeartBeat) cable that you then run to the 1132 - on that 1132 side use one of the RF ports for this cable, RF Out is usually used.

You will get better service from the 6S if you change that LNB to a LMX 502A SLNB (Smart LNB). The LNB for the 1132 is fine.

Others will help with anything more.

New poster

2 dishes , each with its own decoders dsd1132 AND A dsd4138. CAN I SETUP EXTRAVIEW?

Good day ,

i have my main house and a granny flat, both have there own decoders AND DISHES. 1 is a DSD1132 and the other a DSD 4138 (6S). how can i use the granny flat as a extra view. does the heartbeat cable need to connect the 2 decoders, also can both dishes just have its original single LNB or must i have a dual LNB.